03. Semi-Attractive

03. SEMI-ATTRACTIVE

Thomas notified his unruly son that Julian McAndrew, his new bodyguard, would be arriving today at any minute.

Thomas then demanded that Aiden clean himself up in order to look somewhat presentable. Rather than retort with an unnecessary and vulgar remark because he was honestly mentally and emotionally drained after having just faced off, yet again, with his overbearing father, Aiden grudgingly did as he was told.

"Your ride is about to leave," Aiden muttered to Kyle after their parents headed out the front door. "It's nothing personal, but I really don't want any company right now."

"I'll go in a second. But first, I have to talk to you about something. It's important." Kyle followed Aiden as he headed upstairs to his bedroom. "While you and Thomas were going at it, I received a text from – "

"If it's something business-related, forget about it. I definitely don't want to hear anything regarding Grayson Ent. right now," Aiden grumbled. "With Thomas putting me in a fucking corner with this bodyguard shit, not even letting me fully speak my peace about it because I apparently don't have a say over anything that happens in my damn life..." Aiden paused for a second and took a deep breath in, then exhaled, trying to calm himself down. "There's just not much more that I can take today before I completely fucking snap."

"If you'd shut up for a minute and let me talk then I'd be able to tell you that it's not business-related. It's actually about your blackmailer." Kyle sighed, feeling slightly peeved after they entered Aiden's bedroom. The latter had started to undress for his shower, uncaring that his brother was there. "Can you please wait until I leave before you do all that?"

"Stop being so uptight, Kyle. Jesus Christ, you're exhausting," Aiden replied. "Now what's this news about my little problem? Was another package delivered to my office? Did you find something out about who may be behind all this?"

"No, no. It's none of that." Kyle shook his head. "I just got a text from my friend Karla who works for Little Town Magazine. She tipped me off and told me that one of the writers there is about to publish a very unsavory article about you. She told me that they received a tip from an anonymous source stating that you were a drug and sex addict."

Aiden laughed, unbothered. "I've had worse things said about me."

"I know, but this time they have pictures, Aiden." Kyle pulled out his phone to show Aiden the proof before he could ask for it. "It's you! There's no denying it."

"Son of a bitch." Aiden frowned at the image. His face was as clear as day and the photo didn't look to be altered at all. "Wow. Impressive. I've never actually been caught in the act before; this is new. I don't... I can't remember anything about that night, whenever it may have happened, it's all a blur to me now."

In the photo, Aiden was the man of the hour. Women, their faces conveniently all blacked out, were dressed in little to nothing as they hung all over Aiden like he was the last man on earth. His surroundings were that of a nightclub, possibly a strip club. Aiden looked completely faded in the picture. And he knew that he was being photographed because he was looking directly at the camera, one hand in the air with his middle finger up, his tongue hanging out of his mouth as two tiny white pills sat on top of it.