12. In The Bathroom

12. IN THE BATHROOM

LATER THAT N I G H T

Despite having added more people to his security detail, Aiden didn't want to bring any unwanted attention upon himself by having more bodyguards with him than necessary, so he opted to only bring Julian along with him for tonight's festivities.

During the long and awkward drive to the Worldstar Event, Julian wondered if Aiden was a masochist. He wondered if the playboy enjoyed suffering, emotionally, because he carried certain tendencies that were beyond questionable.

The two were obviously going through a rough patch, and Aiden has made it more than clear that he wants his space from Julian, so it makes no sense to the latter for why Aiden has forced him to come to the event with him when Aiden could have easily picked another guard to be his chaperone for the evening.

The last place that Julian wanted to be right now was stuck on a limo ride with a stubborn man that he desperately wanted but couldn't have.

"I talked to Kyle earlier. He told me that you've been keeping him and Thomas updated on the Clarissa situation. You even went as far in telling them that I hired two more guards for the house, and a private investigator," Aiden spoke in a low tone, his green eyes glued to the floor of the limousine. "When were you going to tell me that you've been going behind my back to report everything to them?"

Julian, not up for an argument, sighed in annoyance.

"I don't know if you've forgotten this, but Thomas is the one that hired me to look after you. He's the one who pays me, so if you want to get technical, he's my boss. When it's time to turn in my report, he's who gets it. As for Kyle, he's your brother, and I thought that—"

"You thought wrong!" Aiden shouted. His anger more so directed at his brother and not Julian. "I get that you have to tell Thomas everything, but from here on out, I don't want Kyle knowing shit about what's going on with me. If he wants to get into my business so fucking badly, he can ask Thomas for the scoop. I don't want you talking to him anymore. Got it?"

Julian nodded, holding back a serious eye roll. "Is there anything else that you'd like me to keep my mouth shut about? Because I'm all ears. You have my undivided attention."

Julian knew that Aiden was only lashing out at him like this because he was still flustered and on edge about the enticing kiss(es) that they exchanged about a week ago. Julian understood but he could only give his boss the benefit of the doubt for so long because his patience was on the verge of running out. He didn't care who the fuck Aiden Grayson was; Julian refused to be anyone's verbal punching bag.

"There's no need for you to be a smartass." Aiden rolled his eyes, unamused by Julian's sarcastic tone.

"It's not like I'm intentionally trying to be one," Julian mumbled. "Look, I can only imagine what you must be going through right now, and while I've been trying to give you space to get your head right, I'd greatly appreciate it if you didn't take all your frustrations out on me when I'm only trying to do my job. After all, you're the one who kissed me. I didn't start anything—"