"Cecil, Cecil! You kept that box of sweets for those children, right?"

Cecil chuckled. 

"Of course I did, you insisted."

Hana giggled. "They loved the mochi, they'll love these sweets too!"

The two men just trailed behind the two ladies quietly. 

***

The area past the stairs was a different vibe compared to the entrance of this particular part of the street. Everyone was dressed in a similar manner, where it was either yukata or kimono of darker colours. 

Despite it being close to midnight, it seemed as if it was evening hours where everyone was having their dinner. The stone lanterns along the cobblestone path, and the lanterns hanging from the roof of the shops were still brightly lit. 

People recognised Yun as he strolled languidly down the streets, some of them bowing to him. A few curious eyes glanced towards the four of them, noting their dressing with disapproval or intrigue. 

“Master Yun.” 

“Master Yun! Please come by some time to try our clothing!” 

“Welcome back, Master Yun.” 

Cecil observed her surroundings, tapping her fingers on her chin. 

The way the guide told us about this street, it was as if everything inside here would be dangerous and out to harm us. 

I guess he really was someone sent to spy on us...and whoever sent him, clearly does not like this part of the streets or the people associated with it. 

All of a sudden, Yun halted abruptly. 

The four of them stopped to prevent themselves from colliding into one another, and Cecil glanced up curiously at Yun. 

Just then, the doors of the store beside them burst open. Someone had been kicked out as he tried to sit up with a groan, hiccuping at the same time. The man was unstable on his feet, it was obvious to anyone the man was completely drunk. His nondescript appearance with a beer belly easily lost the attention of everyone wandering the streets. 

It was as if it was a daily occurrence for something like that to happen. 

“Yooooou dare kiiiick me out?” He was slurring in his words, hiccuping. “I’ll calllll the officers on yeee!” 

Two brawny men revealed themselves from the shop, one of them scoffing as the other one dusted off his hands. They went back into the store, not before glancing back at the man as if daring for him to come back in once more. 

Some of the people witnessing the scene clicked their tongue in disapproval. 

“He is completely drunk.” 

“Aye, he should know the officers will never come here.” 

Yun did not say a word, moving on after the two brawny men disappeared back into the store. 

The four of them continued following behind him, Hana looking curiously at the drunkard stumbling his way, grumbling under his breath. 

Cecil furrowed her eyebrows. 

So, this part of the street has its own rules and law. 

There was no one here to enforce the law unlike the officers we saw earlier today.

In the original novel, Hana and Xue were not accompanied by Yun, nor did they meet him. Hana encountered some troubles within this street, and Xue did not bother about the rules or laws, only forcing his way into here to help Hana.