Chapter - 59 The arms of Life

The news apparently gets to the media when we are on our way back to India. After ten days of consoling our parents to not come to Germany and that everything is okay. Also contributing to the investigation by BND. We have been finally allowed to leave Germany.

But the thing is, several things happened during that time.

1. We got to know that Sahana was involved in this whole mafia things even before we could know. Apparently the man who was trying to kill me confessed everything after he was blackmailed for life imprisonment. He confessed that Sahana was his distant cousin. And she contacted him merely to ask about stalking me by some of his men, which was natural for them so he gave two of his men. But after some time Sahana said that Kiyansh was blackmailing to end her career. So just to warn off Kiyansh, they chose to kidnap me. He said that it was just going to be for two days. But apparently he didn't tell the police what he was planning to do with me for those two days. Whatever the case, Nishkarsh had the evidence that Sahana was involved, quite deep. He willingly gave the evidence and got off the case because he proved that he was involved to merely stop the incident, I and Kiyansh testified for him. All in all, meanwhile Kiyansh's security team also found out Sahana's other phone call records.

2. Sahana was arrested in the middle of night from her apartment in Versova. And was under CBI Investigation just since yesterday. So it was apparent that the whole country knew.

I felt weird and scared. To know that a person who was your friend once, planned all this and maybe wanted you dead is like a punch to the gut. But even then I requested the police investigation to not go public till everything was clear. It felt wrong somehow taking everything away from a person. But they said it was not my choice. And more big of a case that I could even think about.

So here we were landing on the airstrip. Kiyansh in his imppecable no nonsense grey Tom Ford three piece. And I was holding his hand as if I was planning to run us off any moment, which I kind of was. Until Prisha, Rohit and Nishkarsh came down too. And they gave me similar looks. I sighed, I wasn't only the scared one. I hated media attention.

Kiyansh turned and tugged me more close towards him, moved his hands on my arms in a comforting way until I stopped squirming and felt okay. Only then he said to everyone, "I will handle the media if we'll have to. No one of you will say a word. Just ignore them and..." He gestured to Arundhati Kartik who nodded and moved in front of us, who in turn also gesticulated and other bodyguards came and surrounded us. Some of them I recognised from Germany. For the first time in life I felt relieved surrounded by so many security people, even though it felt weird.

"Thank you for doing this for our friends." I said to him in the car which also for the first time he wasn't driving. He was sitting with me at the back holding my hand continuously, treading his fingers through mine.

His brown eyes stared at me so vulnerably that I felt my heart somersaulting atleast three times. He went somewhat pink around the ears. "I will do anything for you, you know that."

I kept my hand on his cheek. "I know you will. But also I know you're doing this because you want to. And you care. " I kept my finger on his lips. "And it's okay. It's okay to care about others. I know you didn't make friends after I went to London. You threw yourself in work. But it's okay. It's okay if you want to trust someone outside our family. You can. It's not so bad I promise. They really like you, you know. "

He didn't say anything for some beats. And I knew my heart was not beating during that time. But he nodded. Barely, but he did nod. And my chest opened with all the love I want him to feel in the world. I want to lay the world at his feet and hold it with both my palms open. Like clear sprinkling water from a fresh lake I wanted him to drink it and feel every moment.