Chapter- 48 Everything Bare

I run away. I see myself slapping him. What was I suppose to feel? Anger? It's not there. It's disgust. Pure dure disgust at myself.

My head feels like a buzzing land, I only do the one thing that I feel like I can do at that moment. I go to my room and lock myself in. And then I throw up. I continously, shamelessly throw up all over the floor. I run to the bathroom and throw up again until I feel like I would choke on my own breath. I force myself to get up from the bathtub as I exhale, inhale sharply. My brain whizzes like it's squeezing up my entire nervous system, beads of sweat falling down my forehead, I stare at myself in the mirror. And a stranger stares at me with red racoon eyes, strands of hair falling in every direction.

The bedroom door shudders with loud incessant banging. I shake myself, and with fiddling steps cautiously walk out of the bathroom.

"Shanvi baby open the door." His voice cracks through the door like a faint breeze. "Please Shanvi....please." Another bang.

My body contorts like his voice is touching me, grabbing like a fist.

Just like when we were at school and I was going to biology lab for our submission of annual files.

I was standing in the queue with our friend Jessy. When he came to me with an utterly devastated face. I looked at him once and I knew something was really really wrong. I saw the teacher sitting at the teacher's table and shouting at a classmate with that angry face. I motioned Kiyasnh with my left hand towards the chemistry lab. He nodded once. And with good luck I found a way out the checking queue and with pleading eyes towards Jessy to handle if anyone asks where we are, I left the lab from the back door. Kiyansh followed soon. My heart was beating in fast staccato realising anyone could barge in any moment. So I took his hands and dragged him towards the back room of the lab which was filled with old bottles of chemicals and inventory. "What happened?" I asked him after I checked no one was in the room and locked it from inside.

"I lost my Biology File." He groaned.

"What? How? I drew 63 diagrams on it Kiyansh. Ughhhh." I whisper yelled at him.

"I know I am sorry. I was in the football practice and I was just bragging with the guys how you drew all the diagrams for me and they were never going to have someone like that, and then the coach called and in hurry I forgot it at the bleachers. In the middle of the practice I remembered but it wasn't there when I ran to check. "

I rolled my eyes at him. "You and your stupid bragging. Nandal sir is at your head and he warned you about the practicals day before. And it was when he found out WHEN YOU WERE BRAGGING ABOUT HOW STUPID AND UNPRACTICAL THESE EXPERIMENTS ARE!!"

"Will you stop throwing daggers at me what I am gonna do?" He said with those wide brown eyes. And everything, everything for me ceased to exist accept for those brown eyes.

So I did the only thing I could do. "Okay here's the thing. I am going to tear the introduction and acknowledgement part off. And you're going to Nandal Sir and show him my file. And I will say I lost mine. Atleast he will believe me. How about that? "

"No." He said with that resolute thunder voice of his.

"What? Yes you are."

"No Shanvi. I am not. You have worked hard for this and I am not gonna take that from you. So you go and show him what a rocker you are. And I will tell him the truth. Come on let's go before anyone comes in and thinks that we are making out in the middle of annual lab submission." He grinned up at me. And at that moment I realised no matter how much I tried I was bound to him. My heart, my sanity it glittered with just his one grin.