Chapter - 49 Entwined

I clear my throat for what looks like for the hundredth time. He is staring at me in anticipation and even though I am drunk, I feel the clear head just like someone has wiped off all the drunkenness. And his words actually have. I can absolutely feel the staccato rhythm of my heartbeat and his.

I clear my throat again. A raging river inside my stomach.

" Okay " he says " Let's get you cleaned up first. You can tell me later it's okay. "

He starts to move up. I grab his arm, goosebumps erupting on my skin, my brain storming up with excuses but my heart, willing to fight the cyclone. " No. I have to do this right now. I would. Otherwise I would ......sit down. "

He nods his head his soft sepia tinted eyes glimmering. It's like someone has splashed red and brown in his eyes, and my stomach turn when the image of him crying because of me turns in my head. His hair is downright messy and he looks like a fallen angel with soft mouth and vulnerable eyes. I take a deep breath " Okay so I don't know how and where to start with but yeah..... Okay I will start with right now. I think you look like fallen angel. "

He looks at me amusingly his eyebrows up in that arrogant persona. " Pig." I laugh. If you can count that screechy dry throat laugh for that matter. I knew that I was feeding his ego and making myself the joke of life but I continued simply because I loved when he smiled the way he was right now." Since you came and became a knight in a shining armour " I rolled my eyes. " And you saved Charlie. You became my best friend. And whenever I had a problem big or small , I called for you, I didn't have to actually call for you. And you were just there. You consumed me up and I didn't know what I was getting into because I loved every moment of it. I love every moment of all our it's. In the third grade I started noticing how you have golden streaks in your brown hair. I became so obsessed that I searched for different types of gold to just know exactly what gold colour you have in your hair. " His mouth opened wide. Like really wide. And I grinned, because over the years I had never ever seen him this shocked.

" I decided between Vegas gold and tawny gold. But yeah. " I continued. " And then it became your eyes, then your way of walking, of smiling, of grinning, of boasting like an idiot. And it became you. All the time you. I couldn't concentrate when you were around. I was so scared, you would find out and make fun of me. Remember when you were in that play in fourth grade and you were supposed to play the role of God. And how you were dressed up in gold robes and you were jumping around claiming to be Harry Potter. And then you came up to me and said ' Hey Hermione. ' and then to that girl Amaira ' Hey Ginny'. I was absolutely jealous and it's ridiculous. "

I laughed or you could say tried to.

He opens up his mouth. " What!? " He gasps, literally gasps. It is the most dramatical thing he has ever done. " Are you insane Shanvi, I said that because Hermione was with Harry all the time. And you know how I always thought that Harry and Hermione should be together."

" Oh not that again. " I point my finger at him with all my threatning defense for Harry Potter. " You Dork! It's because you haven't read the books even though I forced it into your hands so many times. And Ginny deserves Harry okay! And Hermione and Ron, they absolutely deserve each other. Stop being so condescending. The movies are not fair to some characters. And I don't care because in the end Ginny is with Harry and you called her Ginny. So shut up. "

He backs up immediately. His eyes wide. " Okay. I...I am sorry. I will call you Ginny right now. How about that? "

" Don't you dare! " I wave my finger again and he jumps back literally five feet away from me.

" God you are scary. " He keeps his hand on his chest.

" What did you just say? "

" Nothing " he flaps his hand at me. " You can continue. "