Campaign

A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it. ~Frank A. Clark

"It's election time again," a snake like grin spread across a pale face. The man's golden eyes sparkled as he thought about the meaning behind those words. "Do you know what that means?" he asked. He let his long hair fall into his face, as he leaned back in his chair.

"You are going to run for mayor," the other occupant replied. He knew this because the man ran every year and every year he lost in a landslide. He didn't know why he thought that year would be different, however the look on his face told him that the man had a plan, a good one that would make him win the election. "Orochimaru, how are do you plan to defeat Namikaze Minato? The man has won every election he has ever been in and people love him," the man pointed out. Orochimaru was a businessman and not one that people generally trusted; therefore Kabuto was wondering how he was going to make people vote for him instead.

"That is where you come in," the man said confidently. He pushed his long black hair out of his face he straightened up and continued to speak; "I need you to get as much dirt as possible on the Namikazes and when I say Namikazes I mean all of them. A family can ruin a campaign." He grinned at the thought of destroying Minato for good. After a moment of thought about destruction he said, "And while you're at it, get some on the Uchihas as well." He knew that they were working together and hoped that he could take them both down at the same time. "They're working together, it's the perfect time to do so," he explained further.

Kabuto had started going onto Orochimaru's computer to get information about the Namikazes when Orochimaru had started to talk about the Uchihas. He was writing down Minato's campaign trail, their address, and where Kurama's office was. "Why the Uchihas?" Kabuto asked, pushing up his glasses as he looked up from the pad of paper he was writing on.

"They are my top business rivals, I wish to destroy them," Orochimaru explained. "What better way to do it than to kill two birds with one stone?" the man gave an evil smirk. "Think about it, I could have the highest grossing business and I could be mayor. I could have it all," he said with a grin as he stood up. "I'd practically own this town and the people who live in it," he told the silver haired man. "I just need enough for a rumor," he said, looking at the other man to make sure he understood. He knew the other man would help him in the hopes that they would succeed and he'd have some control over the town as well.

The man knew it was true, Orochimaru was the only person who dared to run against Minato each year, everyone else was waiting for the number of terms he could serve ran out. "I'll do what I can," Kabuto assured the man before walking out of Orochimaru's office. He didn't know what kind of rumor he'd be able to start, but he knew that it'd have to be good in order for Orochimaru to be able to win the election and take down the Uchiha Corporation. 'As long as the Uchihas don't try to kill me,' Kabuto thought, remembering what he'd heard about what they may be able to do and the fact that they may have a violent streak. According to people who knew them, Itachi was protective of his baby brother and was not kind to those who messed with him. Everyone knew the Uchihas were a force to be reckoned with, they were silent predators that were following in their parents' footsteps.

NS

Naruto saw Kurama in the living room, going over the monthly budget for the magazine. "Hey, do you know where dad is?" He knew if anyone could give good advice it was his father.

The redhead looked up at his brother and smiled as he answered, "I think I just saw him go into the kitchen." He watched as his brother muttered a quick "Thanks" and walked away.

Naruto walked into the kitchen to find his father quickly grabbing lunch to take to his office. He didn't even notice his son walk in as he quickly made himself a sandwich. "Hey dad," Naruto said with a weak smile as he stood on the opposite side of the counter.