Clueless

"My heart is ever at your service." -William Shakespeare

Naruto had just picked up lunch; it was part of his plan to win over Sasuke. He a spring in his step and he was whistling a happy tune. He knew better than to pick up ramen and instead opted for something healthier. He smiled as he saw Itachi walking towards him, he wasn't sure where the man was heading but he knew that he could use it to his advantage. "Itachi," he called out as he made his way to the older man.

"What do you want Naruto?" Itachi asked. He didn't seem very happy to see him, in fact he seemed quite angry with him. He wasn't angry with the blonde, but rather with the blonde's brother. He knew that he shouldn't take out his anger towards Kurama out on his little brother, but he couldn't help it.

"What's wrong?" Naruto asked, confused by Itachi's attitude.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," Itachi replied. "Now what do you want? I have somewhere to be," he said.

"So, I'm surprising your brother and taking him lunch," said Naruto, gaining an amused look from the Uchiha. "And I wanted to know if I made the right choice in food," he said, holding up the bag of food.

Itachi nodded, "He's not a picky eater, as long as you picked up something relatively healthy you'll be fine."

"That's what I wanted to hear," Naruto grinned. "Thanks Itachi," he smiled as he started to walk away. "You're the best," he said happily as he made his way toward the Uchiha Corporation. He couldn't help but think, 'He was acting weird. I wonder why he's mad at me.'

NS

Naruto knocked on the open door, "Hey, mind if I join you?" He didn't wait for the answer as he sat in the chair on the opposite side of Sasuke's desk. He leaned over the desk and grabbed the pen out of Sasuke's hand, "Come on and take a break. I brought lunch." He set the bag on the desk.

Sasuke looked at him suspiciously, "Is there a reason that you're interrupting my work?" He accepted the lunch Naruto handed him, but still was suspicious of the blonde's actions. Surprise lunch dates weren't something they did. Sasuke immediate chastised himself for even thinking the word date. It was not a date, it was a random meeting between friends.

"Well, I figured you could use a break," the blond shrugged. "I thought it'd be a good way for us to get to know each other, you know since we're friends now," he smiled. He then cursed himself as he realized he used the word friends, 'Friends? Why did I use that stupid word? Now he's going to think that this was so we could become better friends. Damn it.' He didn't want to be just friends with the dark haired man and he definitely didn't want to be stuck in the dreaded friend zone, that'd ensure that he didn't have a chance with him.

"Oh, while you're here, I have a question to ask you," he said, taking a break from eating and setting his food in front of him. Naruto nodded, feeling as if he were making some progress with Sasuke because the man seemed more comfortable around him. "What did you write about in the article?" he asked.

Naruto just smiled and replied, "The things you told me when I interviewed you, or at least the things you said I could write about." He then said, "You can read it if you want." Sasuke thought about it a moment before shaking his head no. "Wait is that why Itachi is mad?" he asked as a wave of realization took over him.

Sasuke didn't say anything; instead he just picked up his food and started to eat again. He knew that his actions pretty much said yes without him actually saying the words. He started picking out the tomatoes and eating them, trying to think of something to say. "Just shut up and eat," he said, wanting to change the subject.