Date

Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Sasuke was lying in bed; he had his arm over his eyes, trying to block the sun. His head was pounding and he felt slightly nauseous, but not to the point that he felt like he was going to throw up. 'Please, someone just shoot me,' he thought, letting out a groan after the pain grew worse when he turned his head slightly.

"So, did you have fun last night?" Itachi grinned from the doorway as he looked at his younger brother. Sasuke didn't respond vocally, he just raised his free hand to give Itachi the middle finger. "Do you even remember last night?" he asked, though again he received no response. "You were very fond of Naruto," he added.

"Must you talk so loud?" Sasuke asked as he pulled a pillow over his head, trying to get away from the noise, light, and conversation all at once. "Can't we just talk about this later," he whined a little. "You know, when I'm not hung over," he then said, trying his best not to sound as whiny as he had before.

Itachi just looked at the other Uchiha as he said, "I'll make you some breakfast." He stood up straight as he continued by saying, "Hopefully you'll be able to keep it down. I'll bring it up with some aspirin."

Sasuke just smiled a little as his brother walked out of the room. They both knew that when it mattered, Itachi really did care no matter how much he may tease Sasuke.

NS

A few hours later, Sasuke was still hung over, but not to the point that it was paralyzing. He'd gotten out of bed and was watching television on the couch. For the most part, Sasuke was tired and couldn't concentrate. He knew that he should be at work, but for once he didn't care, he was finding that a hang over would do that to a person. He knew that he could take however many days as he wanted to off, so one extra day to nurse a hang over would be fine. "I know why I'm not at work, but shouldn't you be?" he asked Itachi as the man sat next to him on the couch.

"What are you watching?" Itachi asked as he grabbed the controller from him, looking for something better to watch. Sasuke glared at him and the older Uchiha just chuckled and said, "I took off to take care of my baby brother." The other man's tone was far from serious, which just made Sasuke look at him skeptically, but didn't say anything about it.

"Right, nice excuse," Sasuke said as he watched the television as Itachi flipped through the channels. "I'm sure Kakashi was thrilled with you when you told him your excuse," he added.

"He was actually," Itachi replied. "He said it was just like old times," the older Uchiha smirked. "Remember your rebellious stage? When you got the tattoo," he reminded the other man. "He said it reminded him of those parties your friends would drag you to in high school and you'd get wasted and they'd have to call me to come get you," he continued. "You never could hold your alcohol very well," he added.

"Yeah, I get it, I'm a light weight when it comes to alcohol," Sasuke glared. "Must we talk about those days?" he asked. Sasuke had moved so he was no longer leaning back on the couch and was instead sitting up, his arms crossed, and moved to the opposite corner of the long couch.

"Don't get upset," Itachi said half-heartedly. "Kakashi was happy to hear you finally got a social life," the man then said.

"Why the hell did you have to tell him?" Sasuke asked, frustrated with his brothers actions. He knew Kakashi always teased him before so after hearing about his drunken night there was no way that the older man wouldn't be teasing him the next time he saw him. "Can't you get a social life so you two can talk about that instead?" he then asked.

"I have a social life," Itachi said calmly. The older man saw the look that Sasuke was giving him and proved it by telling him, "I'm going out with Kurama tonight." He saw Sasuke's eyes widen and he explained, "He asked me out during out interview."