Attraction

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked. ~Erich Segal

Inuzuka Kiba sat in Naruto's kitchen while both of them were eating. The two of them had known each other since grade school and had been best friends pretty much ever since. Kiba and Naruto were a lot alike in most regards and they had been the troublemaking class clowns. When they were younger, they were often stupid together, it was as if when they got together they lost any common sense that they had. On Naruto's eighteenth birthday they got tattoos together, on their faces, because they thought it would make them look cool. It was at that point in life that Naruto knew he had to be good at photography because no one in the corporate world would accept a guy with a tattoo that looked like whiskers on his cheeks and Kiba was just lucky that he had his parent's company to fall back on because no other company was going to accept a guy with red triangles on his face. For the most part, they were both content with not truly making it in the business world. Naruto had photography and Kiba liked the part of the company he was over seeing and the people he worked with.

Flashback

"Dude, I can't believe we did that," Kiba said as he looked at the bright red triangles on his face in a mirror in Naruto's bedroom. "My parents are going to kill me," he half laughed. He was partially serious and somewhat scared about what they would do to him, but it wasn't as if he could change what he did.

"Your parents? Think about what my dad is going to do to me," Naruto said as he pushed Kiba out of the way and looked at the tattooed whisker marks. "If this ruins his election, he's going to kill me," the blonde said, obvious fear in his eyes. Neither one of them had really thought it through; they just wanted to look cool.

"Your dad is cool, he won't kill you," Kiba assured his friend. Tattoos were nothing compared to other things Naruto could do and probably wouldn't even cause a stir. Kiba's dog barked at their feet, scratching at the brunette's leg, "I know boy, I'm not sure that I want to go home either."

"It's weird that you talk to your dog," Naruto said while he looked Kiba petting his dog, mumbling things to his dog as if he understood him.

"He understands," Kiba said as he stood up straight. "If you had a dog you'd understand," Kiba said as he sat on Naruto's bed.

"If I had a pet I wouldn't get something wimpy like a dumb dog," Naruto said as he leaned up against the desk in his room. "I'd get something cool," he continued to think about it. "Like a fox," the blonde grinned. "That would be awesome, do you think that I could?" he asked excitedly.

Kiba just laughed and said, "I think they're probably too vicious to have as pets." He just shook his head at his best friend and said, "Only you would want something as a pet that would probably attack you."

"Don't lie, you know it'd be awesome to have a fox as a pet," Naruto said. "A fox could kick your dog's ass," he smiled and the dog growled at him as if he understood him. "Call off your dog," Naruto said as he looked at the large white dog.

"Don't call him wimpy, he'll attack on command," Kiba smirked as he started to pet the dog. "Good boy," he said making Naruto pout a little.

End Flashback

"Tell me again why I couldn't bring my dog over?" the brunette asked as he looked at his best friend. He had been listening to Naruto complain for the past half an hour and was hoping to successfully change the subject.

"Because the last time you brought him over he peed in my house," the blonde lamely replied as he grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. He also knew it was because he and the dog weren't on best of terms; the dog always seemed to growl at him whenever he saw him.