Rumor

We choose those we like; with those we love, we have no say in the matter. ~Mignon McLaughlin

Orochimaru sat in his office, waiting for Kabuto. He knew the man was supposed to be bringing him the pictures from his "research" and that made the dark haired man filled with excitement. He knew that it could be his chance to finally take down both Minato and the Uchihas. He remembered the phone call he had with Kabuto, which just made him grin.

Flashback

"I'll be coming to see you tomorrow," Kabuto said from the other end. He sounded confident, not nervous as he had the previous years that they had tried to take down Minato.

"You sound like you have something good for me," Orochimaru said, hoping he was right. He began tapping his pen, waiting for the news, "Good news I hope."

"I have to show you," Kabuto told him. "Just telling won't do it justice," he tried to explained. "But I did get some information out of a waiter that we may be able to use if you don't like any of the pictures," he added.

"I can't wait to see tomorrow," Orochimaru replied. "This better be as good as you are making it out to be," he warned. "Or else I may have to find someone else to do this job," he added. He finished the conversation by saying, "This is your last chance. You're lucky I didn't find someone else after you failed last time."

"I understand sir," Kabuto said, confident that he'd be going nowhere. "You won't be disappointed, I promise," he assured him.

End Flashback

Orochimaru was pulled from his thoughts at the sound of a knock and the opening of his office door. "Ah, Kabuto, come in," he said as the light haired man walked into the room. "Please sit," he instructed. "I'd like to get started on the information that you have for me," he said with a sinister grin.

Kabuto put the folder on the older man's desk, "I think you'll find the pictures to your liking." He watched as the man's expressions changed from skepticism to sheer pleasure. "I'm sure you can make something out of those," he added, knowing that he'd gotten good shots for the man to use.

"Of course I could," Orochimaru said as he put the pictures back down. "But, I'd rather see what the media could make out of them," his sinister grin reappeared. "You know how they love to twist things," he said in his twisted sense of happiness. "Submit them as being from an unknown source, but keep a copy," he instructed the younger man. "We'll just sit back and watch their downfall," he laughed. 'This time I'm taking them down for good,' he thought with a grin.

Kabuto just nodded and quickly left. 'I'm glad he liked them, after being his assistant I'm not sure I could have found another job,' he thought as he went to do what he was told. He looked down at the pile of pictures in his hands, 'This is going to bury them.'

NS

Sasuke sat at home flipping through channels, bored. 'There's nothing on,' he thought as he let out a small breath of air. 'Maybe I should call Naruto,' his eyes widened at the thought. 'Damn it, he has become my friend,' he thought, giving himself an excuse as to why he thought to call him and not one of the other people on his short list that he called friends.

Itachi walked into the room, obviously angry, though Sasuke didn't know why. Before he could ask what was wrong, Itachi ripped the control from his hand and turned the channel to the nearest gossip news program. "What are you doing?" Sasuke asked, knowing Itachi didn't care for those.