Coffee

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you." - Roy Croft

"Where the hell are we going?" Kiba asked as Naruto led him down the street. He had a feeling that he knew the answer, as it was in the same direction of the coffee shop they were at the day before. "We never go to this side of town, so why now?" he asked, following the blond.

"You'll see," Naruto said, looking at his watch. It was quarter to noon, which just made him walk faster.

"This is about Sasuke isn't it?" he asked, slightly annoyed. When the blonde didn't answer, Kiba knew immediately that meant yes. "Have I told you before that you're a stalker?" the brunette asked. "Because you are," he added. "I just can't wait to see how you explain why you're on this side of town."

"Shut up, asshole," Naruto mumbled. "Nobody asked you." When they got to the coffee shop Naruto looked around for the dark haired man, but didn't see him, "Let's get some coffee."

"It certainly won't make you look so much like a stalker if you have coffee," the other man shrugged. They got their coffee and sat down, "Seriously, you think that making him talk to you will change his mind?"

The door opened and Sasuke and Itachi walked in. "There's only one way to find out," Naruto answered as he got up and walked toward the brothers.

Sasuke hated to wait; therefore, he was annoyed when he saw the long line at the coffee shop. He ran his hand through his hair and mumbled, "It's a good thing they have good coffee." He shifted his position as he let out a sigh.

Itachi looked around the coffee shop and saw Naruto and Kiba at a table. 'This should be interesting,' he thought, but he didn't say anything to Sasuke about the other man's presence. He knew by the determined look in the other man's eyes that he was going to come talk to them.

"Sasuke," Naruto said as he approached them. When the dark haired man turned to him, Naruto smiled and pleaded, "Please just hear me out."

Sasuke was hesitant, but Itachi cut in and said, "Go ahead, I'll get us coffee." Before Sasuke could argue, Itachi continued, "Ignore what I said before."

"Fine," Sasuke said as he let himself be pulled away from his brother. He looked back at his brother, whom just nodded in assurance.

Naruto led Sasuke outside, away from where everyone could hear them. "Look, I know that you said that we shouldn't talk because of all of the stupid gossip, but I don't care about any of that. I don't care about the gossip," he said. He looked down, trying to figure out how to explain himself, "We were getting to be good friends and I just don't think that we should let stupid gossip get in the way of that." His heart was beating erratically and he didn't want to admit the reasons why, all he knew was that he had to convince Sasuke to just start talking to him again.

The pale man nodded, hearing what he was saying. He looked around, somewhat paranoid. He saw that none of the passersby were even looking at them and that none of them truly cared. The only time one would look was if the were eying them appreciatively. When he saw a woman stare at Naruto, he couldn't help but feel a little jealous – though he didn't want to admit why, nor did he want to show it. He looked at the hopeful blue eyes, finding that he couldn't deny him, "Fine."

Naruto gave a brilliant grin. "I knew that you missed me too," he said, pulling the other man into a quick, brotherly hug.

Sasuke let out a deep breath, feeling light butterflies in the pit of his stomach. "Moron," was all he said as he calmly pushed the other man off. He just gave a small smile, "I have to get back to my brother."