Boyfriend

"Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone – but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding." ~ Bette Davis

"I never wanted to stoop to your level," Minato said, completely serious as he sat across from Orochimaru. "However, when you start to try to use my sons to bring me down, then I'm not going to be so nice," he told him with a slightly threatening tone in his voice. "I don't think that you remember the fact that we went to high school together," he added confidently.

"So, what's your point?" Orochimaru asked. It was true that they had gone to high school together but he didn't understand what that had to do with anything.

"Then you should remember all of the pictures that were taken at all of those parties," Minato said. "You know the ones that Jiraiya would take just to have an excuse to take pictures of the girls at the parties," he added.

"Could you get to your point?" Orochimaru asked. "I have work to do, which doesn't particularly involve talking to you," he added. He was smug and thought that his plans were fool proof.

"I still have pictures from those parties," he told him with a genuine smile, though if you looked deeper you'd see the devious nature to it. "More specifically I have pictures of you at that party," he told him. "I mostly only have them because my friends were in them, but you aren't doing things that most of your following would approve of," he explained.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he growled. He didn't like where the conversation was heading and hoped that it wasn't going where he thought.

"You know what I'm talking about," Minato said. "Those parties where you were involved with underage drinking, drugs, and though the pictures don't specifically show it, sex before marriage let alone at such a young age," he calmly told the other man. "It would look very bad to your conservative supporters."

Orochimaru glared at the man sitting beside him. His confidence was quickly fading at Minato's words. "What are you getting at? You just want me to give up my campaign?" he asked.

"No," he truthfully replied. "I want you to stop involving my family in your twisted game. That also means the Uchihas as well. They are important to my sons and therefore they are important to me. Leave all of them out of this," he instructed.

Orochimaru gave an unsatisfied grunt as Minato stood to leave. "This doesn't mean that I won't still run for mayor and win," he told him. Minato didn't reply and instead walked out of the room, not giving Orochimaru the satisfaction of believing that he may have gotten under his skin in any way.

NS

Kurama was jealous. More specifically, he was jealous of Naruto. He wasn't jealous of the fact that he was dating Sasuke, but of how well their relationship was going. He sighed as he looked down at his phone. He wanted to call Itachi, but wasn't sure how well the conversation would go. He wanted to make things right with them, but knew that it was just wishful thinking that Itachi would forgive him so easily. The man had said that he couldn't trust him, but he'd try to be friends, but Kurama couldn't help but want their relationship to be more than the dreaded friend zone. 'Dad is probably right, but I still have to find out,' he thought as he started to dial Itachi's number.

"Hello?" came from the other end; it was unmistakably Itachi's voice.

"Hey," Kurama said, wondering why he was so nervous. He felt like a teenager talking to their first crush. "I was hoping we could go somewhere and talk, maybe the park," he added, wanting to keep it to a public place so that if Itachi got annoyed with him he wouldn't show it. The more public the place, the less likely someone was to make a scene.