Statement

"The first duty of love is to listen" ~ Paul Tillich

Itachi was working, immersing himself into work because he knew the magazine had come out that day and he didn't want to think about the article that it contained. He was still mad at Kurama for his actions. He was pulled from his work with a knock on the door. "Come in," he called. He looked up to see his brother walk in, magazine in hand. "What is that?" he asked, though he already knew the answer.

"You know what it is," Sasuke replied. The magazine had them on the cover and was clearly the one containing Kurama's article. He set the magazine down on Itachi's desk, "You don't have to, but I suggest you read the article."

"I already know what it says," Itachi replied angrily. Though it wasn't obvious to anyone else, Sasuke knew what Itachi looked like when he was angry. His demeanor had somewhat changed from the beginning of their conversation, he was a little straighter and in a way more defensive.

"I don't think you do," he told him. "I know that you read it," he continued. "But I think that he changed it," he informed his brother. Sasuke turned ready to leave the office, before he left he said, "You really should read it, you might be surprised."

Itachi looked at the magazine on his desk, debating whether or not to read it. 'I already know what it says, why should I read it? But why would Sasuke say that to me? Does he really think that he changed it?' he wondered. His curiosity got the best of him and he picked up the magazine. 'It can't be any worse than what I've already read,' he thought, opening the magazine. When he found the article he immediately started to read it.

'During the interview process I learned many things about both of the Uchiha brothers, however, they mostly talked about the business rather than anything personal. Since they did the interviews separately this article will be split between the two, starting with the oldest: Uchiha Itachi.

When I first went to write the article about Itachi I was going to tell about his personal life, but I knew that it was wrong of me. Itachi told me things in confidence, taking my word that the information wouldn't be used in the article and therefore the things he told me will not be included in this article.'

He stared at it for a moment; shocked that the article was completely different from the draft he had read that day. He continued to read, certain that at some point the article would shift into something he told him in confidence, but by the end he found that it didn't. After reading the entire article Itachi knew that he had to talk to Kurama.

NS

Itachi stood in Kurama's office building, knowing that the redhead would be somewhere in the building. It was easy to spot the redhead the minute that he walked into the room his red hair stuck out like a sore thumb in the sea of brunettes and blondes that surrounded him, talking about the next issue of the magazine. The minute their eyes met, Kurama said, "We'll talk about this later." He extracted himself from the group and immediately made his way to the other man. "What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice showing the surprise that his face was trying to hide.

"I read the article," he admitted, his eyes still locked with Kurama's. "Do you not want to talk to me?" Itachi asked, knowing that wasn't the case. "Because I can leave if you really want me to," he said.

"No, I don't want you to leave," Kurama said quickly, not want wanting Itachi to leave. "You just surprised me," he said calmly. "I really didn't expect you to read the article," he explained. "Let's go into my office and talk." Itachi just nodded causing Kurama to lead the way to his office.