"There's no you"

Thomas' P.O.V

It's been a few days since we got to paradise, and I'm starting to let go. I've realized that I can't hold on to the past forever, and I have to move on.

Not only did Teresa's death affect me, but Newt's death did too. And I can't forget about Chuck. Poor little Chuck. I failed him.

They were some of my only friends in the maze. I couldn't help but feel they all died because of me.

I can't keep beating myself up because of their deaths. Because of them, I learned to live life to the fullest, because I could be gone at anytime too.

In the last few weeks I've lost my greatest friends, but at least I still have Minho and Brenda.

"Get over here ya shank. Help us build these houses, they ain't gonna build themselves." Minho wailed.

"Yeah I'm coming." I assured him.

I walked over to where he and a few other guys I didn't know where cutting trees for wood.

I helped them for a while until it was time for a break.

Frypan was the cook here, just like he was in the glade. He made us a snack which consisted of cheese and crackers.

When we got to paradise, we had almost everything we needed, except houses. There were flat trans that sent us supplies for cooking, which was weird, but I didn't think of it too much.

Chancellor Ava Paige must have thought this paradise through really well.

I sat under a tree and frypan came by with the cheese and crackers. I thanked him before he left, and I ate my snack.

***

The end of the day went by, and we completed cutting the wood and we finished the house we were working on.

I was drained of all my energy. All I really wanted to do was go home, see Brenda and then sleep.

I looked around at the 6 houses that were completed, one of them was mine and Brenda's. I walked into the house and saw her sitting on the bed.

Somehow we got beds and other kinds of furniture from the contraption too. Weird huh?

"Hey baby." Brenda greeted me.

"Hey." I said as I sat on the bed beside her.

"I haven't seen you all day, I miss you." She then kissed me. I really liked her, but the kiss wasn't the same as mine and Teresa's.

She pushed me onto the bed and sat on top of me. She begin kissing be roughly, but passionately. She tugged at bottom of my shirt, trying to take it off, but I broke the kiss and stopped her. I couldn't imagine doing this with anybody else but Teresa. It didn't feel right.

"I don't think I can do this." I said breaking the kiss.

"Wow." She sat up.

It just didn't feel right.

"Are you still thinking about that stupid girl Teresa? She's dead. Forget about her! She betrayed you and I didn't, stop thinking about her! You should be thinking about me. Ugh, I can't believe you!" Brenda shouted furiously.

She got up and stormed out.

I ran my fingers through my hair. I didn't mean for all that to happen. I should probably apologize. I got up and went out the door.

I found her in the living room on the couch. I walked over to her, at sat down.

"Brenda, listen." I began, but she didn't reply. I guess she was listening.

"I'm sorry." I continued.

"It's just been rough. Loosing 3 of my best friends friends in a matter of a few weeks. You have to understand." I finished.

She turned to me and I saw tears streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry for what I said too. I didn't mean to sound so inconsiderate. It's just that..." She paused.

"I feel like I'm not good enough for you." I could see more tears forming in her eyes.

I kissed her.

"Baby, you're perfect for me." I said kindly.

I didn't really know if I thought she she was perfect, but I guess it what she wanted to hear.

I planted kisses on her check, forehead and the tip of her nose, and looked her in the eyes.

"Is that what you wanted?" I smirked.

"Exactly, what I wanted." She giggled.

"Let's go to bed." I suggested.

Although it didn't feel right, I carried her to our room, bridal style.

I am disgusted like ew Trenda. I ship Thomesa so these Trenda scenes are difficult to write. I'm gonna cry about what I just wrote so bye. Brenda is so thirsty like go away