"No one compares to you"

Thomas' P.O.V

"Okay, so this what I think is best for us to do," I started. Everybody in the cave was paying attention closely, despite how fearful they must've been.

"We're going to have to have a few people go back and get some of the food. I don't know how long we have to be here until it's safe out there, but we can't loose anymore lives."

I announced.

If we stayed in the cave any longer, we would all starve to death. We also had to gather supplies and make weapons to fight whatever else was in store for us.

"He's right. We're going to have Thomas and myself go back for the food. We are the most experienced when it comes to grievers, so I think it's best for us to go." Minho decided.

He was right, after all, we did kill a couple grievers in the maze.

We decided it would be best if we left now, it seemed safe outside, and only God knows how long it would be before something else came at us.

I squeezed through the opening of the cave and Minho followed behind me.

"Shuck this, we just got to paradise and our crappy maze lives have followed us. If I had the chance to kill everybody part of WICKED, I would." He said frustratedly, and he wasn't wrong.

The sound of the gentle waves were calming as we walked back to our little town of homes.

We walked in mostly silence until Minho broke it.

"Man, I wonder how Newt is. He's probably past the gone now but I miss that shank." He gloomily said.

He didn't know I was the one who killed Newt. His last words haunted me almost everyday-as well as Teresa's- but we established that already.

"Please Tommy, please."

I didn't want to kill him, I really didn't, but I was his friend, and friends would do anything for friends. Right?

"I miss him too." I said softly. "I miss him too."

We walked the rest of the distance in silence before we finally came across the houses.

Minho and I walked over to the flat trans and grabbed as much food that our arms could carry.

I lifted 2 boxes of canned food, hoping it would be close to enough for the people in the cave.

Minho had went into the house and grabbed some blankets, as we were unsure what the weather would be like.

"I think that's good." I muttered between breaths.

"Yeah, I hope, but we have to come back for more." He said.

We were about to walk back to the cave until I heard a voice. The voice I longed to hear.

"Tom?" She questioned.

I dropped the boxes and turned around. I ran to her and embraced her with the biggest hug.

Finally, the one I loved, came back to me.

Yay OTP😭☺️