"Rushing" (Part One)

Teresa's P.O.V

The battle seemed to go on forever, but there was no use of fighting. We'd already lost almost a dozen of our immunes.

There had to be another way.

I fought my way to Thomas, dodging and killing cranks here and there.

I occasionally broke the bulbs on the creatures until I had found Thomas.

"Tom!" I called out.

He jerked his head back and looked in my direction.

"Are you okay?" He said as he paused from stabbing a griever.

"There has to be another way." I suggested, as I continued to make my way to him, careful not to injure myself.

Thomas jogged toward me, trying his best not injure himself.

"We need to find a way to get out of here. This isn't working." I explained.

"What choice do we have?" He replied.

I thought for a minute.

I didn't know. There were cranks and grievers coming from all the different entrances.

Even if we could get by the entrances, it would only be a matter of minutes before the WICKED creatures and cranks traced our steps.

That was unless we could find a way to block the cave entrance.

"I'll try by the entrance and see if I can find anything that can help." I suggested.

"Okay. But let me go with you." He really did care about me.

"Okay, we have to quick." I agreed.

We ran towards a path in the cave, which did not have many creatures emerging from it.

Every now and then there was a crank, but Thomas and I could easily fight it off.

We wandered until we came across a giant boulder. This boulder was the kind that could roll, but it was heavy. 100% pure rock.

I had an idea.

"If we can get the remainder of the immunes here, all of us can push the boulder and temporarily block the entrance." I said with a hint of hope in my voice.

Thomas gave me a look.

"I hope it works, I really hope it does."

I wanted to put this and the next chapter together, but it would be too long, so I divided the chapters into two.

Sorry that it's short 😁

QOTC: Have you read Percy Jackson & the Olympians? And/or Heroes of Olympus? Who's your favourite character in either?