"Dark Paradise" (Part One)

Thomas' P.O.V

I followed Noah and Andrea as they lead the way to room 250, where Chancellor Ava Paige and Janson were.

We all stormed through the halls, shooting recklessly at every single WICKED person that came into sight.

It was nice to get a taste of revenge.

After storming through halls and shooting anybody and everybody, we had finally came to the door of room 250.

"Let's do this." Teresa whispered to me.

Noah looked back at all of us before pushing all his body weight into the door, breaking it open.

We rushed in one by one, following one another.

Taken by surprise, Ava Paige's head jerked back away from the screen she was looking at prior to our invasion.

"Well, well, well. Here we have the evil Chancellor and her just-as-evil sidekick." Andrea said as she approached the two.

Janson was breathing heavily, as was the Chancellor.

They were surrounded by the immunes and the inside group of Right Arm members.

They had nowhere to run or hide.

"You don't know the amount of pain and heartache you have caused us all." I muttered speaking on behalf of the immunes.

Most nodded.

"You remember little Chuck? He was so young, so innocent. Where is he now?" I paused.

"Wait, you killed him. Now his body is laying God knows where rotting. And that's all because of you." I spat trying to fight back the tears.

"We had to do to save the human race. It was the only-"

"That's a load of crap," Teresa interrupted.

"You knew there would never be a cure for the flare, didn't you?" Teresa hardly questioned.

"You took the lives of hundreds of innocent children, all for nothing." I blurted out.

"You must pay." Minho chimed in.

I circled the two who were standing frozen side by side.

I stopped right in front of Ava Paige. I wanted to be the one to end her life, this is what she deserved.

My palms were sweaty as I held the gun up to her head.

"You don't have to do this." She pleaded for mercy.

"Oh," I chuckled.

"But I do. For Chuck, Newt, Alby and all the others lives lost because of you." I continued.

"I hope you know this is for the good of the world." I said before I pulled the trigger.

Ava Paige was dead before her body hit the floor.

Her lifeless body was pale, and her eyes remained open. I shut them before taking a step back.

Blood seeped out of the bullet hole in the center of her forehead. It was almost all over.

By now, Teresa had been standing in front of Janson.

She had an angered expression on her face.

"We do what we must to survive." Teresa said before the room filled with the sound of the gunshot. Janson's body dropped to the floor and the room fell silent.

The two lifeless bodies lay in the middle of the room.

Noah broke the silence in the room.

"We have to get rid of the microchips in your brains. We do that, and we get the hell out of here."