"Haunting me"

Thomas' P.O.V

My forehead was drenched in sweat when I woke up startled by my dream.
I sat up in bed and wiped my forehead with my sleeve.

Before I could step out of bed, Brenda walked in and sat beside me.

"Hey, how are you?" She asked me with a smile.

"Not good. Teresa is alive and we need to help her." I said sternly.

Her expression changed and the smile on her face faded. She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"There you go again with that Teresa crap," she began.

She got up off the bed and paced back and forth.

"She's dead. Dead and gone forever. Just forget abo-"

"You see, that's where you're wrong," I broke in.

I stood up and walked towards her.

"I had a dream last night, and she was in it. I think it was because our telepathy link. She's not dead, but what do you care anyways?" I brushed her shoulder as I walked out.

It didn't matter if Brenda cared. There was definitely somebody who did.

When I stepped out into the bright sunlight, I skimmed the crowd, hoping to find Minho and the other Gladers.

My eyes finally stopped searching when I spotted Minho by the beach.

I ran towards him despite the fact my stomach growled for food.

"Minho!" I shouted to get his attention.

I had finally finished running when I got his attention.

"Hey shuckface." He greeted me.

In Minho's world, greeting people with the words shank or shuckface was kind. I doubted most of the immunes even understood that those words were insults. It was just Minho being Minho.

He must've noticed the scared look on my face because he seemed concerned about me at that moment.

"What's the matter?" He asked worriedly.

I caught my breath before I explained everything to him.

"It's Teresa, and WICKED, and this place. It's all a trap," I started.

He didn't say anything as I continued to explain.

"Teresa is alive, WICKED has her in one of their headquarters and they aren't going to let us live peacefully. They are starting more trials and this time, it's going to be here." I explained.

Just then, an ear-wrenching scream pierced the air. I turned away slowly from Minho and looked into the distance.

If my eyes weren't mistaken, I saw one of our long lost friends.

A griever.

And it didn't seem too happy.