41~ stronger, with or without you

Question: so far, what's your favorite scene in this book.

Chapter 41~ stronger, with or without you

"Brandon, stop" I said, after getting over the initial shock of seeing him there.

He laughed, "so what? You bring your cronies her to defeat me because you can't do it yourself? You always were pathetic" He scoffed.

My blood boiled, "why are you doing this?! What the hell did I ever do to you! If anyone should be mad it should be me!" I made a move to grab my gun and he shot Hailey in the leg.

She cried out and I stopped.

Hunter just got her back, I couldn't just let her die before he even got to see her.

Brandon shook his head, "of course, you have the perfect opportunity to kill me but you hesitate because she's the mother of your love" he rolled his eyes.

"Where did love leave you Steph? You are an orphan! All of your friends left you! Half of the population believes you're a pornstar. So tell me where love left you!" He yelled and I faltered.

"It left her with me"

My head whipped around in a flash and I saw Jaxon by a door at the other end of the room, his gun aimed directly at Brandon's head.

Brandon didn't even flinch, "Yes, you the abusive ex boyfriend and best friend, oh please" he smirked and Jaxon glared.

"I may have made some mistakes in my grieving methods and not take care of Stephanie right, but I will always be better than you Brandon, and she will never be yours to have" he antogonizsd him while moving forward slightly.

Brandon remained quiet with a concentrated look on his face.

"You were always jealous of me from the start, and you should because you are nothing compared to me, you will always just be a cruel, manipulative, little bitch who came after me in everthing and has no one" Jaxon rested the gun on the base of his head and I contemplated what to do.

And then in a flash Jaxon had snatched his gun and pushed Hailey away in my direction.

"Go Stephanie! Go find your brothers and get her fixed up!" He yelled and dodged a punch that Brandon threw at him.

"No. I am not leaving you here" I said in determination.

"Nobody is leaving" Brandon hissed and slammed Jaxon's head against the wall.

I moved.

My foot was in his face before I had time to think about it and I punched him straight in the jaw.

He fell on the floor in pained gasps and whimpered slightly.

"Give it up Brandon, you're done" I said, while helping Jaxon to his feet.

He merely smiled with bloody teeth, "you're wrong you know" he turned to Jaxon. "I am not alone"

Jaxon pointed the gun at his head, "any last words" he said, staring him straight in the eye.

"Only two" he clutched his side ans stood up while I tried to move us closer to the door in case he tried any stunt.

"Behind you" he whispered.

I turned around in a flash but it was too late, the gunshot sounded through the whole room and Jaxon fell to the floor, lifeless, blood gushing out of the hole in his chest.

"He meant it when he said he wasn't alone darlings"

My eyes didn't leave Jaxon's tear filled ones but I clenched my fist so hard that it drew blood.