15~my demons are back

I'm not dead!

WARNING⚠: This chapter is sad

Chapter 15~my demons are back.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Ugh. My head.

I got up and looked around me, I was in a hospital?

Scrunching my eyebrows in confusion, I got up and tried to remember what the hell happened.

It came back in full force.

The lies. Harold. Death certificates. My brothers. My......sister.

Tears filled my eyes and I took deep reassuring breaths.

The door burst open and a doctor came bustling in, pushing me back on the bed and checking my vitals. She looked familiar.

"Stephanie dear, I don't know whether you remember me. I'm Ruby, Becca's Mom?" She said slowly.

I nodded and gave a half smile, fearing if I opened my mouth I'd scream.

"Would you like to see your brothers?" She said softly.

I tensed and nodded.

She exited the room but not before turning around and giving be a look. A look I was used to by now.

Pity.

I heard them before they came in.

"Steph!" Steven said at the same time Stephan yelled, "Choco!"

They both froze when they saw me. I gave them a blank stare and blinked not saying a word.

Steven shivered slightly and I could see tears fill his eyes, "she's back" he whispered.

They both walked slowly over to me and sat down at both sides with their heads down.

I just sat there in silence waiting for them to speak.

"We're sorry Steph, it's just that you had so much on your plate and you were always so....sad. We didn't want to give you any more reasons to be" Stephan's words shook slightly.

I remained silent, thinking. How did I never see it?

The pained expressions when they saw me with a little girl, the way they always told me I'm everything they need, hints were always there.

"When?" I whispered.

"What?" Steven asked.

"When did you find out" I raised my voice and looked at him straight in the eye.

"New years eve, it was supposed to be a suprise from them but we figured it out" He said.

The room started spinning, 8 months.

8 fucking months in the dark.

"That's not all is there?" I suddenly said.

Stephan whipped his head to me, "w-what?"

I shook with anger, his eyes telling me everything I needed to know.

"You're still...lying" my voice broke.

"Why won't you just tell me the truth?"

They stayed silent and I felt it. I felt what little I have left of a heart break, and then I felt nothing.

Nothing at all.

"Leave" I said calmly.

The looked at me with pleading eyes but I merely batted an eyelash.