19~sorry to spoil your fantasies

Merry Christmas guys!🎉💫🎊✊😀

This chapter is dedicated to NoelleJaspar y'all should check out her book 'Never Like'

Chapter 19~sorry to spoil your fantasies.

I sighed and made my way to the cafeteria.

It was lunch and I seem to be the only one not in the cafeteria. Well, I did kinda just arrive.

No, it's not a coincidence people. I purposely came at this exact time to avoid stares, I don't know why the hell I'm messing up my plan by going to the cafeteria.

My new accessory was bound to show up on the gossip magazine, I can see it now.

'New girl Stephanie Roberts broke her leg while twerking in a strip club with Channing Tatum and Nicki Minaj' with the amount of gossip in this school I wouldn't be suprised.

Le sigh.

My brothers have given up trying to talk to me ever since yesterday when I finally came home. Things between us are really tense.

You can't blame me though, they hid such a huge part of my life from me and knowing that there's still more I don't know about makes me so angry.

I'm entering the cafeteria because I need a distraction, I also need people to think I'm okay.

If I show signs of depression, I'll never be left alone. Something I learnt over the years.

So I have to fake it, to make it.

Fixing my game face I open the cafeteria doors and welcome the wide eyed stares and hushed whispers.

Rolling my eyes at the cliché moment I walk to the table and take a sit next to Jake.

Yeah, we talked a lot yesterday night.

Apparantly he's an insomniac and had nothing better to do anyways.

I complied because I felt it was better than crying.

He gave me a dimpled smile and we did a handshake we made up when we hung out the other day.

I laughed a little at the end because he had to pout and flutter his eyes.

"Steph" Colette said cautiously, she looked at me with hopeful eyes and I gave her a fake smile and a small wave.

"Hey Letty" I said in a somewhat cheerful manner.

She let out a breath of relief and Didi smiled, but Addison and Hunter both narrowed their eyes in suspicion.

Uh-oh.

"Steph, how are you?" Addison asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I feel great actually. My leg will be fine in a month or two and I'm looking forward to-"

"Bullshit" Hunter said in a low voice.

Everyone looked at him and I felt my nerves build up, oh boy now is not the time to be smart Hunter.

I laughed nervously, "what?"

He got up and shook his head at me, "I said, Bull. Shit."

He walked away and I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

Well, so much for faking it.

•°•°•°•°•°

Something is definately up with Hunter.

He hasn't said a word since lunch and this is the last class of the day, all he does is stare into space and clench his jaw in anger every few minutes.

When I asked what was up, he just shook his head.