25) My True Happy

Start from the beginning

"Well, looking back I should have realised sooner. All the clues" Lemony sighed, walking over to the window looking out to the school grounds. "So you're not a demigod. You're a goddess."

There was silence behind her. Artie didn't want to answer.

Lemony didn't want to look back because it only made her feel more stupid than she already felt. "Why didn't you tell me? Why did you up and leave? W-W-Was anything you said real?" Lemony stuttered.

Artie stepped forward. "Some was, I did care about you, Lem, I still do." Artie kept walking forwards. "Gods, I think I will always care about you."

"But you lied about who you were. Why?" Lemony asked, turning to finally face her.

Artie looked different today, her leather jacket wasn't there, she wore a silver dress and had a silver headdress to match. On top of that she'd been crying, Lemony could see it in her eyes.

"Ever thought I wanted to be normal for one day?" Artie asked. "I meet someone I like and I want to be me? My role as Artemis gets to be a lot sometimes, so being Artie the hunter just felt nice. Then I got to know you and." Artie sighed.

"You didn't have to save my life." Lemony shrugged. "Why did you? You could have left me in the woods with those assassins."

Artie stepped up to Lemony and held her shoulders and looked into her eyes. "Your mother asked me to help you out of this situation. You weren't supposed to see me, I was supposed to get you lose and leave."

Lemony started to get annoyed. "Then what changed? Huh? Why did you stay? Why did you walk me to the station? Why did you go to Mexico with us? Why did you stay in my house? In my bed? We? We did? We were together, that night." Lemony felt tears run down her face.

Artie pulled Lemony close, holding her head, shushing her, calming her. "You really want to know what changed? Me. I changed, I fell for you, Lem. I fell hard, maybe too hard. I know I shouldn't have but I did. I broke my vow of chastity with you." Artie said in a quiet voice.

"Well maybe if you had told me who you were that day in the woods, this wouldn't be happening." Lemony mumbled into Artie's shoulder.

Artie pulled back and nodded, she held Lemony still but just looked at her. "I have to leave. My father is not happy to find out about what happened here." Artie sighed, releasing Lemony. "I will sort it, I at least owe you that."

Artie stepped backwards. Lemony turned back to the window, she didn't want to watch Artie leave. Even though Lemony was mad at Artie she didn't want to see her leave. At the same time she didn't want to show weakness to Artie.

Artie wanted to say one last thing to her. "I do think if things were different, we would have been a powerful couple." Artie sighed. "Goodbye Emily Stilinski."

Silence.

Lemony wasn't sure if Artie was there or if she'd disappeared as Hecate tends to do with her. But either way Lemony felt alone, feeling melancholy. Through the silence Lemony heard the door open and close. Thinking Artie had left through the door.

"Do you need a friend?" A voice asked.

Lemony wiped the tears she didn't know had fallen. She turned to see who was there.

Malia.

Lemony smiled pathetically at her. "A friend would be nice."

Malia walked forward up the the window with Lemony, the two looked out watching the world unfold below them. Malia put her arms around Lemony, who buried her head into Malia's shoulder.