22) Change

Braeden was speeding down the road in the van, following behind Peter and Malia

Braeden was speeding down the road in the van, following behind Peter and Malia. Sitting in the back of the van was Derek and Stiles one side, with Lemony, Liam and Artie sitting opposite them. Derek was occupied chaining Liam to the bench, Lemony couldn't shake the feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach.

Derek clicked the last lock into place. "All good?"

Liam shrugged. "Okay."

"I brought something to help you." Derek reached into his pocket, pulling out a metal disc. "This has been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful, supernatural talisman.We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon." Derek looked to Stiles silently asking him to help.

Stiles double took then answered. "Yes, it's powerful." Stiles cleared his throat then looked to Liam. "Very powerful."

Derek handed Liam the triskelion. Artie looked over Liam at Lemony, the two girls smiled at each other, Artie then rolled her eyes slightly implying she didn't believe a word that was being said. Lemony just held her smile.

Artie eventually spoke. "You know I can help right?"

Everyone's attention went to her.

"How?" Stiles asked.

"I can dampen the effect the moon has on him." Artie explained. "So he doesn't lose control."

Derek shook his head. "In any other situation that's a good idea but tonight he'll need that extra strength."

"Wait." Stiles interrupted. "How can you dampen the moons effect on him?"

"What are you?" Derek asked.

Liam has been sat in silence during the whole conversation, until the sound of shackles pulled everyone's attention to
Liam. His claw covered hand was raised, his breath was heavy and nervous.

"Whatever you were gonna teach me. I think you better start." Liam looked Derek dead in the eye.

~~~

Derek had hold of Liam's shoulder, he was holding triskelion tightly in his grasp.

"Liam, you with me?" Derek tried to keep his attention. "We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it, you focus on the words." Derek explained. "It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you."

"Okay. Okay, okay!" Liam spoke fast. "What are the words?" It was obvious he was panicking.

"Okay, look at the triskelion. See the symbol?" Derek began to explain to him. "I have a tattoo on my back, it's the same thing. Each spiral means something."