8) Haunted

"Please stop hovering

"Please stop hovering." Lydia exclaimed to Malia, she was leaning over Lydia's shoulder, the three girls were in the art room, Lydia was sat at an easel, Malia was stood behind her waiting for something to happen while Lemony was sat at the teachers desk reading a book about mythology.

"I'm not hovering. I'm waiting." Malia defended gesturing towards the easel. "Draw something. Write something. We need to know who else is on that list." Malia leaned forward again.

"You mean, you need to know if you're on the list." Lemony spoke up, eyes not leaving the book she was reading.

"If someone's coming to take my head off, then, yeah, I'd like to know." Malia looked over to the girl sat at the desk. "You aren't on the list yet, Lemony, you should be nervous too."

"Oh I am." Lemony looked at her. "I'm terrified. But you can't make your life freeze because of it. I'm trying my best to learn what I am, everyone else seems to know." Lemony turned the page on her book.

"Hey you don't have to worry about that." Malia walked towards the desk, placing a hand on Lemony's gently rubbing it slightly with a sympathetic smile. "But my life isn't frozen because of this. I just wanna know if I have a death sentence coming my way."

"Can you please just sit down?" Lydia spoke up, staring at the easel. "You're making me nervous, both of you." She closed her eyes.

Malia goes over to the other side of the desk that Lemony was sat at. "Sorry" Malia whispered.

Lemony kept reading, not daring to look up, she could feel Malia staring at her. Trying to hide the blush on her cheeks. Lemony changed the page to show a picture of a woman who was screaming. Lemony looked up at Malia and they both agreed.

"Lydia." They said at the same time, looking at her in realisation.

"What?" Lydia was getting annoyed now. "Oh, my God, what?" Lydia turned around to face them, she was pretty close to hitting Malia already, didn't want add Lemony to the list.

"Maybe we need help." Malia said staring at Lydia, the two girls lifted the book.

"From another banshee." Lemony said as the Malia held the book up.

"Meredith." Lydia realised, looking at her friends.

——

Malia, Lemony and Lydia were walking the hallway, Lydia was on the phone to Eichen House asking to visit Meredith, the halls were busy, other students rushing past them to class or elsewhere. Malia was in the middle, Lemony on her left and Lydia on her right.

"Okay. Thanks." Lydia said hanging up the phone. "Eichen House says Meredith can't have visitors without permission from a family member."

"That's not gonna be easy since her whole family is dead." Malia shrugged, as the reached to bottom of the stairs looking at Lydia.