Capítulo 47 (cuarenta y siete)

Start from the beginning

He was told he's insane when there was blood on his blade, going down and down, dropping to the wood underneath his feet and soaking in. Those were the last words of his opponent who dropped to the ground, hard, the very next moment. Antonio didn't realize back then, because his heart was beating too fast, his ears were ringing and his mind was foggy. However, later on, he sobbed and agreed that, yes, he was insane.

When he decided to buy (what a humiliating way to say it) a slave, another human being, he was reminded of his insanity. At that point, he no longer cared. If he was to be crowned as someone who lost their mind, be it. He was already at his worst, so why make it even more terrible with such thoughts?

And lastly, he was told he's insane when he realized just how much he actually cared about not only the Italian who's still soundly asleep in his bed, but about everyone in this world. He went beyond himself to find his true self. It was his own mind telling him; therefore, it must have been the truth.

Antonio was sitting on the ground now; he hoped there would be a small deck where he could sit without dirtying his clothes. When he found out there was none, he shrugged and just sat down, admiring the life he was given and world he was born into.

Bird songs darted into his ears. He snapped out of his daze and realized the sun was already rising. He rose as well, greeting the warm ball of sunshine. Orange and yellow spilled across the sky, tangling into one at some places and this brought great happiness to the Spanish heart and a great deal of hope and courage to his soul.

It was now or never, he told himself. There won't be any perfect moment; I have to make the perfect moment myself.

He took a few steps toward the trees and bushes, realizing only minutes after he was running to the place where he entered the forest. His steps were light as a feather, and he thought he was somewhere above, flying with the wings of Icarus he was given.

However, just like the son of the Greek craftsman, he met with the ground, not as harshly as the madman who flew too close to the sun. In his mind, Antonio rushed to his room to confess his deepest feelings to his lover. In reality, he stood face-to-face with the younger man way sooner than he thought and also desired.

He took a deep breath, exhaled right after and took a step forward. Then another one, and another one. His legs were gaining their strength back as the distance shortened. His mind was calmer than ever before and, surprisingly, his heart, too.

Stopping to stand just three steps away, green eyes stared into amber eyes. Like two pools of honey, Antonio remarked silently. The night wasn't over yet, he could still decide against what he originally wanted. But with the warm colours darting their way upon the sky, scaring away the shadows, he told himself that this day would be a new start. This morning, this scent wind carried, this everything – every little shuffle and every little settle – would be in his memories forever.

"What are you doing outside? Have you gone fucking mad?" Italian accent sunk into words. Antonio looked at Roma, feeling somehow sorry and guilty to see the adolescent like that – with only a blanket draped around his shoulders other than his normal clothes which were rather thin. He himself was only in a light shirt and a coat on top, but he didn't mind the shivers he received; they calmed him down.

"I couldn't sleep," he explained in a low and calm voice. It's been a while since Romano heard the older man so calm and it surprised him. "Yeah, that's why you took a fucking walk to the fucking woods completely alone." Amber eyes rolled and an annoyed sound escaped his puffy lips. They were puffy like this every morning, just asking to be kissed, and God, did Antonio want to do that but he held back – now wasn't the best time to do that.

"Yes."

Nothing more, just one single word. And then, silence. The Spaniard sucked on his lip, how was he to approach this? Be blunt and just say it without anything else, or give an explanation before? He had to decide now or else the magic of this moment would be gone, and it'd be too late. He was getting nervous which wasn't really pleasing at the moment.

Just a small push, that's all he needed.

The Spaniard inhaled deeply, cold air tingling his throat.

The sun was rising at a merciless speed, time was running out.

He squeezed his right hand into a fist, pain shooting up into his arm when he felt fingernails cutting into skin.

"I'm in love with you."

Thud

He could hear something fall but he didn't dare to look away. His gaze was fixed at the Italian before him. Antonio swallowed, wetting his lower lip. Time has stopped, that's what he thought, for amber eyes remained to burn holes into his head, not even a single blink easing the weight they created. Romano wasn't saying anything. Even the sun stopped in its tracks, not daring to disturb.

His eyes began to water, but he wasn't trapped in his imagination anymore; he could feel his eyes sting as the water gathered. There was something inside of him which caused these tears; it wasn't anything bad – it was like a dynamite, ready to explode any second. It was trembling with eagerness.

Romano took a step forward. Antonio wanted to take a step back, but stood in his spot without moving an inch. Romano took another step and now, there wasn't any room left for running away, only to face the outcome. If he was asked whether he truly meant it, he'd agree right away. Instead, a warm hand landed on his cheek, stroking gently. There were tears in those beautiful Italian eyes as well.

"Your cheek is cold," he stated at last, voice shaking but dripping with happiness. The younger man took a hold of his lover's hands, feeling them, memorizing every curve with his fingers. "Your hands are cold, too." He planted a small kiss on both hands, and suddenly, Antonio's hands weren't as cold as before.

Their foreheads were pressed together, noses brushing against each other and the small thing inside Antonio exploded. He felt warmth, and an uncontrollable wave of happiness washed over him. He wanted to do something but he didn't know what; he wanted to run around, wanted to laugh, smile brightly and show the whole world just how happy he was.

They pulled away at the same time. Rays of sunshine darted to their face, lightening them up slightly. Time was running again but neither of them cared, they were lost in a world of their own.

"I'm in love with you, too."

Antonio smiled gently; it was a small smile, the smile of a promise. Whilst holding hands, the Spaniard leaned forward, exposing his neck and God, he was just a breath away from the other's lips, he could already taste them, but he still let his eyes fall on the younger man's face, asking him, "May I?"

Romano nodded right away because he himself needed that kiss. The kiss said way more than the two men did. It wasn't heated, but it was passionate. It wasn't a kiss you'd have to hide from others, rather than that, it was that kind of kiss you'd show off to anyone. It was a silent promise, hours-long dialogs poured into one gesture, up-coming years painted across it. Their souls were touching, and the feeling wasn't to be described with words.

As they pulled away, there were big smiles on their faces. Antonio kissed the other's hands just like Romano did just few minutes ago. He could see eternity in the eyes of his lover but that didn't matter anymore; present time was far more important than future. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me just..throw myself out because I don't know how to write a confession. Sorry this chapter took so long, but I wanted it to be perfect (although I don't think it is but I'm happy about it anyway). 

Well, it finally happened. The boys finally said their true feelings. Ngl, this chapter kinda made me cry while I wrote it, but it also made me very happy. (I laughed at the begging because Toni seems a bit high XD)

Anyway, thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. Please, leave a comment and a vote, it helps me very much. If you're in lockdown again like I am, please stay home and take care of yourself <3 Thanks for all the support, love you all <3 

- Boora-kun