Capítulo 47 (cuarenta y siete)

Heavy duvet shuffled when he made his way out, wiggling out of his lover's embrace carefully to not wake him up. Emerald eyes stared down for a while, admiring the young man in his bed; his nose scrunched a little, burrows furrowing and it looked as if he was to open his eyes, only to squeeze his dear pillow with a pale hand, burying his face deeper into the softness. Antonio's features lit up with a smile, small ball of warmth exploding inside of him. He wished he could look at the Italian like this forever, to hold him in the evening and morning, never leaving his side for the rest of his life.

He slowly made his way towards the giant window. The sky was still black, littered with stars and a bright moon. He shivered slightly, coldness creeping into every part of his body. The Spaniard's toes curled in his leather boots and he took a shaky breath, folding his arms below his chest in an attempt to warm up his hands. The longer he stared at the sky, the colder he began to feel. A part of him begged the man to go back to bed, to let his bones rest with another body next to him, but another part of him told Antonio, in a very calm and soothing voice, "It's time to decide, my dear."

The voice reminded him of his mother, and he silently wished she could be there with him. Emeralds disappeared for a while, shut from the outside world; no, that wouldn't have gone well. Although Lizzy welcomed his feelings without any harsh words, his mother's approach wouldn't be the same. However, as any child, he also wished his mother would love him even despite this.

Soothing voice came into his mind again, repeating its words once more. The Spaniard agreed without uttering a word. "Not here, though." He told himself, taking silent steps to a chair, grabbing his coat from the before-said furniture, and stalking down the hallways, right to the back entrance to noiselessly slip out of the mansion. His steps aimed for the woods, even though he knew it was dangerous at this hour. He, however, did not care. He just felt some kind of relief when he walked through the woods – not going too deep as to not get lost.

Why was there again? Oh yes; to decide whether he'd tell Romano his true feelings now or later. He's been waiting for the right moment ever since he realized what he felt. Although he was rather happy to find out he was able to love, the Spaniard made sure it wasn't just physical attraction.

Brown locks danced in the wind; a part of Antonio wished he would disappear, that the wind would take him away to a faraway land. And that certain part did. Antonio's gaze followed the invisible path wind created and he could see the tiniest of lights for a split second. It wasn't the light of a candle – yellow and warm, welcoming him at home. Blue hugged the light like a dress and it slowly walked away, as if it was a small girl skipping happily.

He carried himself further until he found a silent creek rushing down. After following it, he found himself in front of a pond. Fireflies flew above the surface, painting it gently. He came forward to look at the water, bending down to touch it.

Antonio shivered. Cold fingers wetted his lips and he suddenly had the urge to fall into the waters. His chest vibrated with laughter, hands coming to hide his face away from the world, gripping tenderly at his hair.

He must have gone insane. If someone saw his thoughts right now, they would say he's insane. Did he care? Not really. He's always thought every person is insane in their own way. Did it even matter anymore? Everyone knew he was insane. Everyone claimed him as such.

He was told he's insane when he ran away to chase after his brother. People shook their head at him, scolding him like he was a child.

He was told he's insane when he first stepped on a ship, ready to explore the world and find treasures no other human ever could. It was Javier who told him so, visible concern in his voice and eyes – he wanted him to be safe, but Antonio didn't understand it at that point, he was still too young.