//43//Intricate

[Loook who's back back? Back again again? Shadys' back back. Tell a friend. |\*_*\|]

#43

Aliya

The henna designers were giggling to themselves as they applied it on to my hand.

Aunties came and went in every direction, filling the room with uninterrupted chatters and jingling of bangles. I sighed, getting more than annoyed at this.

The sudden surge of anger bursted in my veins. "Can you all shut up for god's sake?!" I screamed out, causing every single head to turn to me. I was glad no one from Dev's side was here yet.

"Is she like possessed?" I heard someone asking, to which I almost replied, until mom put her hand on my shoulder.

'Apologise.' She mouthed.

I groaned in response; and as I was to weak to argue; I said a subtle; 'Sorry' and everyone went about do what they were doing.

"Are you okay?" Mum asked, placing her hand on my head.

"Yeah. A bit stressed out, but it's nothing really. Pre-marriage jitters probably." I said, even though I very well know it wasn't that. It was about a certain ... someone.

She smiled and rubbed my back comfortingly.

Soon enough; Dev's family arrived. His huge package of aunts bombarded the entire room, some circling me, some at the food counter and some just gossipping about each other.

I forced a smile when one of his aunts sat in front of me to put it onto my hand.

"My aunts are annoying. Period." Dev said lowly and cautiously.

I stifled a chuckle. "Mine are perfect aren't they?"

He controlled his laughter. "They just have to say something in everything. Even if a hair pin falls onto the ground at a time where two people are getting married, they will stop the wedding, saying its a wrong sign" He said and shook his head.

I giggled, nodding my head. "True"

"Now again, they will bring their butts in and tell me to find the 'D' of Dev in your hand and make me go crazy. Like, I totally want to exercise them." He muttered.

"Exercise?" I laughed.

He shook his head. "Aunts"

I looked back onto my hands. The intricate design which was almost on my wrist extended even further. Finding any letter here is possible.

Zayn hadn't come today morning. It had become routine for him to come every single morning and wake me up. But not today. Maybe he just finally understood that this relationship of ours weren't even worth half the time he wasted.

"Are you okay?" Dev asked.

"Never been better." I said and smiled. "I am just hungry I guess."

He chuckled. "When are you not?"

"Did you just call me fat?" I threatened.

He held his hands up in defence. "Forgiveness is key to achieve everything."

I laughed and shook my head.

~~~
Zayn

How I love concerts?

But not today. Not at all.

After my extra awkward meeting with her dad, I couldn't have a chance to meet her. I don't know what all might have happened in these few hours I miss.