~Prologue~

Prologue

The sun rose, enveloping me in its warmth. It's 6'00 o'clock in the morning. How I know it? Well, let's give the body clock a bow down. That's been helping me from the time I got married.

Yes, you heard that right, I am married. Weird, I know. Getting married at 18 when you have so many dreams and aspirations is hopeless. But I am tied up to it now and there is no turning back

My marriage hadn't been easy. I didn't know him, he didn't know me. No, not arranged marriage. Contract marriage.It was like written the day I was born that I would get married to Zayn Malik.

I looked over to my right to see him sleeping ever so peacefully.It wasn't easy on him at all because he had a life, that is so different from any of us. A popstar.He has to travel from place to place, meet new people etc etc

He had a one true love.His Perrie. Perrie Edwards.But all that tore apart after this so called sacred bond- "Marriage". How is it sacred? He wanted to grow more, move on with Perrie and live a life which he wanted. And me, we'll I just wanted to live every moment like there is no tomorrow, study and stand on my own feet financially.

Anyways, whatever happened has already happened and how much me and Zayn want to change it, we just can't. It was our grandfathers' wish after all.

History states that there was no Pakistan once upon a time.It was all India. And at that time, my grandad and Zayn's grandad were like real close friends. So close that even a huge storm wouldn't break their bond. But soon it happened. The Partition. My granddad being a Hindu had to move to India and Zayn's grandad stayed in Pakistan.But before parting they made a promise that one of their grandchildren would marry each other.And unfortunately, it had to be us.

I got up, had a shower, dressed for the day and headed downstairs.. I had a huge day ahead.. Send Saffaa to school, Remind Waliyah to take her project, Help Doniya with something.. She didn't tell me what.. And the main thing..Breakfast. Cooking wasn't my cup of tea. Why should it be? Mom was always there to take care of all that.

I come from al very loving family.. I have mixed heritage.. My Dad's from Punjab, India and my mom's from India as well as Irish. Well her mom was Indian and her dad was Irish..

I have three siblings... An older brother, Avinash or Avi, who is a freelancer. I have twin Alisha or Isha who is studying to be a doctor. One hell of a nerd she is. But she knows to live her life. Then my youngest brother Arjun orJuno.He isn't biologically my brother, he is my dad's brother's son.. After their death in a car crash 10 years back my parents adopted him. Avi is 4 years older to me and then there is Isha who is younger to me by one minute.And Juno.Who is also 4 years younger to me.

The Malik family is just a replica of my family. Yaser and Tricia love me as their own daughter. Waliyah and Doniya and me, got along the moment we saw each other and Saffaa, that special one I love her more than my life.

And Zayn, well we are friends. Not just friends but best of friends. He tells me everything about his day, his adventures of his 'unique' life. We actually got along well when we met.. Only problem was that, He still loved Perrie

But he moved on now.. Learned to accept what he has and not cry over the thing that can not happen

I set for coffee on the stove and went to take the newspaper, Yaser always wants the coffee and newspaper and nothing else.. Then at 7:30 everyone comes down for breakfast.. Long day ahead

Oh, such a huge rant about the whole family and forgot to tell my name..

Aliya Malik, and I welcome all of you to this journey. The journey of mine and Zayn.

<>

Edited (poorly I know. An evidence to my carroty thoughts): 21st July 2015.