Ground 19

Jennie is being driven to the Manoban mansion by security escort. They are all business on the drive and do not chit-chat, it is fine to her, it gives her time to sort the other night out in her mind.

Her night with Lisa was two days ago and they are both emotionally okay. Lisa will be very busy moving this week and Jennie has work and her Mom and chores and prep to be ready to return to school. All valid excuses for buying time. She knows the other night she stepped outside of her personality, it weighs on her mind a bit.

Lisa has already sent her a letter, quickly arriving the next day by express delivery. Her words were very sweet and they calmed any issues Jennie might have from their romance. Lisa's letter was different from her in person, Jen noticed she was more confident and mature, less anxious, maybe from the romance.

Jennie's Mom was a rock because Jennie called her twice and she traveled with Kai for safety in the early morning hours to return home. A homemade pecan pie was his reward from Mrs. Kim for soothing her worries. A peck on both cheeks for her daughter and a good night and they would talk later. Mom is the best.

The last thing Lisa said to her she carries with her in her mind, she can not let it go. It makes her uneven, and it is unlike her. Maybe she can let it go before she enters their home.

They arrive and the butler directs her inside where servants flow in and out of the room, the Manobans rise when she enters the room. Their entire home is filled with ancient Korean art, more magnificent than any museum. Jennie is pleased to see them looking well, "Greetings, thank you for entertaining me. You are so kind, always."

Mrs. Manoban walks up to greet Jennie with a gracious face. "Please enjoy comfort." Sparkling water and fresh fruit are served.

Mr. Manoban is seated now and relaxed. "Please know Lisa is shopping. There is no secret with anyone."

"Okay Mr. Manoban." Jennie is openly pleased.

Mrs. Manoban continues, "We do no write your future. Your choices are yours, until you reveal."

Hmm, not sure, Jennie is unsure.

"Your arrival with Lisa is heartening. Love is love we have learned," says Mr. Manoban.

"If someday you marry our daughter, then our family and yours are one," Mr. and Mrs. Manoban are satisfied and nod their heads in mutual agreement.

What can she say? Jennie stuffs large fruit pieces into her mouth and mumbles "MhmHmm."

The ground beneath her shatters.