Yearn 14

Lisa's parents are old-school conservative. For Jennie to invite to meet them is heavy thought for Lisa.

Lisa and Jennie ring the bell at Manoban house. Servants answer the door and bring them to the room where her parents await.

Mrs. Manoban greets Jennie warmly, "Thank you for presenting yourself. You honor our family. Greetings to your mother."

Jennie smiles, "Thank you for having me in your lovely home."

Mr. Manoban is kindly, "Please be seated and share hot tea with us." Everyone is served by three servants gliding about the room silently.

Mrs. Manoban begins, "We all want the same thing in life. We yearn for only better in life and love, for ourselves and our families. Lisa has yearned all her life for this desire you girls share." Jennie wants to look sideways at Lisa but doesn't dare.

"Lisa is truly blessed to have crossed your path. She has come alive, like when her dog Pico was her love." She pauses thoughtfully.

"Lisa feels we are distant parents and that is fine. But now past 18 age she must make her own life."

Lisa and Jennie both listen with full ears.

Mr. Manoban is direct to Jennie, "Thank you Jennie for your time with our Lisa, she is my baby girl. In her eyes now I see a fire, this is everything I want for her."

Jennie is quivering from head to toe. Lisa walks over to hug her father. She grasps her mother's hand and smiles at her and then sits with Jennie, her mind reeling.

Never in a million years did Lisa feel her parents would accept their relationship.

Lisa recognizes her parents' full love is now and always with her, and now is with Jennie also.

- - - - - -

Jennie waits in the solarium while Lisa says goodnight to her parents. The scent of blooming jasmine fills the air as Jennie drifts around the room. Jennie stands in front of the mirrored wall and looks at her full reflection. She is seeing herself differently tonight, as people must see her. She is lost in thought when Lisa walks up slowly behind her.

Lisa touches her bare shoulder softly as a feather falling. Surprisingly Jennie flinches.

"Jen are you okay?" Lisa frowns.

"No. My mom is so supportive of me and you are so protective. Now I see what I am...what people see me as. Is this what you want, are you sure?"

"Yes you are what I want, what I have always wanted. I have no doubts. Jen...?"

Jennie looks at Lisa in the mirror. "I am holding my breath and hoping the girl I see in the mirror takes me in her arms and loves me forever."

"Hhhmm Jennie Jasmine..." Lisa back hugs Jennie seductively and breathes on her bare skin, "Forever yours, breathe please."