Angel 1

"Lisa! Lisa, wake up! Are you dreaming? We are ready to go." Driver says, although traffic says otherwise. At age 19 Lisa loves buying, well everything an upscale mall can offer. She is driven in the Mercedes in a monsoon rain, although parked is a better word. "Can't you drive fast? I need to get to shopping district now!"

Her driver waves at the traffic mess and starts to explain. Her hand shoots up in the air, she doesn't want to hear it, she never does. To calm her nerves her hand strokes the lavender colored crushed velvet fabric seat. It is her favorite color and the interior of her Mercedes is custom finished with lavender slathered everywhere.

Bored, she looks around outside and watches a girl help an old lady with a walker. They struggle in the driving rain to reach the bus stop as the bus pulls away.

"Driver stop here," she barks. Lisa throws open her door and gestures to the girl, "Come, come here!"

Guiding the lady she approaches Lisa in the large black car. "Get in now before we all drown."

"Driver lift her walker into the back." Lisa extends her hand and takes the girl's hand, pulling her into the car.

Lisa is overcome with feelings. What is happening to her?

The girl says, "Mom are you okay?"

"Yes, thanks lady for assisting us. We are very sorry for bothering you. Apologies."

"I would not have my mom out helpless in the rain." Lisa's anger is directed at the girl.

The mom answers forcefully, "Jennie saves me to assure I see the doctor when I am appointed."

Lisa is taken aback and filled with shame. She says, "Tell driver where you need to be."

"The Community Clinic on the Boulevard, thank you ma'am," Jennie says softly, gently under the sound of the rain.

"Driver go!" Lisa yells.

At the clinic the large Mercedes is an orphan in the parking lot. Driver gets the walker out and assists the elderly lady as she thanks him. "This is my honor," he beams.

"Thank you for assisting my mom. I apologize for my weakness," Jennie says to Lisa warily, full face to hers.

Lisa hesitates as she sinks deep into Jennie's gaze. "Here, take this note. It's my driver's number. Call when you are finished, he will drive you both home. You must accept as Kai will wait all night."

Jennie nods her head yes and has a slight, almost imperceptible curl of her lips. "Yes ma'am."

"I'm Lisa. You honor your mother with your devotion. You are her Angel," Lisa says.

"As you are mine," Jennie says. With both her hands she clasps Lisa's hand and lays her cheek on it.

Lisa is shaken to her core as she realizes who this girl is.