[29] One Final Goodbye

**Isabella's POV** 

It was about a month since I graduated, and Jacob decided for us to go on a little date together just the two of us. He decided for us to go to the beach and spend the day there. It's 90 degrees here in LA so it's the perfect day for us to go the beach. 

"Don't you think it's gonna be crowded at the beach?" I asked Jacob while putting on a tank top. He looked over at me, "I mean yeah I think it is, but the beach we're going too is private. I need some alone with my princess." He told me with a smirk. I laughed, "That's sexual." 

After we were done changing and putting on sunblock, we grabbed our bags and walked out. "Where you are guys going?" My dad asked. "We're going to the beach daddy." I told him. "If you are going to the beach, you have to take Harmony." he told me. "But Jacob wanted us to go on a date, alone, without anyone else." I said. "Harmony, or no beach." he said. "Why do you have to be so mean to us? You are never like this. Harmony is perfectly mine with the pool out back. Right Harmony?" I asked her. She nodded her head, "Yes mommy." I extended my arms out, "See!" I said. 

I'm surprised my dad didn't ask why Harmony called my mommy, he just went with it, "Alright. But if you come back pregnant, no wedding." he told me. "Don't worry, Mr Holmes," Jacob said, "Your daughter is safe with me." We walked out to the car, and drove to the beach. 

.

.

.

Jacob was right, there was no one at this beach, but man was it so beautiful. I placed my stuff down, as I took off my shorts and tank top. "Whatcha doing?" Jacob asked me. "Stripping. No, I'm kidding. I'm gonna go play in the water silly." I giggled softly while putting on my sunglasses and run over to the water. 

The waves were so fun to play in water. I asked Jacob to come over and play with me, he shook his head and just sat there. I frown as I walked more out into the ocean. I saw Jacob getting up, and then walked over to me. I smiled as I waited for him to catch up to me. Then he fell, I laughed, before I walked over to him. "Jacob are you okay?" no answer. I ran over to him, he was still on the floor. He was faced down into the water, "Jacob!!" 

I flipped him over and I tried to wake him up, "Jacob! Please wake up. Oh my gosh." I placed my head on his chest, he wasn't breathing. I ran over to the shore and grabbed my phone and dialed 911. "911 what's your emergency?" the lady said. "Yes hi! My name is Isabella. I am at a private beach called Paradise Beach. My fiance stopped breathing, and I'm not sure why. Please just send help right away." I said while tears were rushing down my face. "Help is on the way." the lady said. 

I hung up and ran over to him, "Don't you dare die on me Jacob." I said I tried to give him CPR. Everything I pushed his chest and gave him air, I checked if he was breathing. Nothing. I was in tears, "Don't die on me Jacob! Stay with me, please!" Then I heard the sierns. 

.

.

.

When we got to the hosptial, I stayed in the waiting room. I was sitting with my knees as I saw my dad ran into the place. "Daddy!" I said I ran over to him and hugged him. "Oh my gosh you're okay. How's Jacob?" he asked me. I shrugged, "I have idea, they haven't told me anything yet. Daddy I am really scared. I don't know what happened, we were just at the beach, and then he fell. I dunno if he drank water or it's just another side effect of his cancer." I told him while crying. "Shhh. Everything's gonna be okay." 

We waited for hours, and still nothing. I paced back and forth around the room. Sammi walked into the hosptial, "Hey I came as quickly as I could. Are you okay?" she asked me. I shook my head and I hugged her, "It's been hours, and still nothing. What if he already passed, and they don't wanna tell me. I am really scared Sammi." I said while crying my face out into her shoulder. She hugged me tightly, "Everything's gonna be okay Bella. I promise. Any minute, the doctor is going to walk in and tell you that Jacob is breathing and well." 

And that's exactly what we waited for. The doctor walked in about an hour after Sammi came. "Isabella?" he asked. I stood up and walked over to him, "That's me. How is he, please tell me the truth. He's gone isn't he?" I said. "I'm sorry Isabella, we did everything we could. There was water in his lungs, and we cannot control it. He's under exteme care, but I don't think he's going to make it." I shook my head as Sammi hugged me from behind. I cried, my whole world is going to end, again. I cannot go though all of that again. 

"Can I see him, please? Just so I can say my final goodbye." I asked him. He nodded his head and let me down this long hallway. Every room I looked in, everyone was happy and okay. He led me to the last door on the right. I opened the door, and I walked in. He looked like my mom when she has having heart problems. He's breathing with a tube with his month, but the only difference is he has another tube on the side of his stomach. There was this bag next to him and it was FILLED with water. 

I walked over to his left side, and I just stood next to him. I grabbed his hand, and held it. It was so cold, and paled. I started to cry, "Jacob, I'm so sorry I couldn't saved you eariler. You would have suvived and lived through our wedding. If you wanna let go, let go. I'm not gonna stop you. I don't want you to suffer any longer. I want you to be happy, and not have to worry about this stupid cancer anymore. Okay? It won, and it take your life away. I'm not gonna stop and fight it anymore. Look what is has done to you. It worned you out like an old used glove from a cold long war. You did everything you can could Jac. But before you go, I wanna tell you this. I love you so much, you honestly have no idea. You gave me forever in a limited amount of days and I am thankful for our little infinity." 

[Yes I did take that from the TFIOS -Kat] "You showed me that forever does exist, even if in the end, the person you loved the most ends up dying. You showed me what true happiness is all about. You gave me something I haven't felt in a really long time. I am so thankful to have you in my life. Please just watch over me when you're up there. I promise, I'll take good care of Harmony, I will love her like you loved her." I leaned down to kiss his head, and after I did, the line went flat. 

I cried even more as I let my head drop onto his shoulder. He's gone, I thought, he's officially gone. My heart dropped to my stomach. And everything I felt when my mother passed away, I felt with him. Everything was coming back to me, another important person is gone from my life. The nurse and doctors ran into the room. The nurses told me that I have to leave the room. I didn't wanna fight. 

I walked down the hall and over to the waiting room. Sammi and my dad stood up. "He's gone," I told them while crying, "Jacob is dead." Sammi cried, and my dad did too. They both hugged me as I hugged me. We just stood there, as a crowd, crying our eyes out. 

**A.N.** 

THE TEARS ARE FREAKING REAL MAN! HOLY CRAP. I literally wrote down everything that I felt when my best friend passed away. Just, I'm sobbing man. I am so sorry this happened, but it had to happen sooner or later. I'm sorry, watch my best friend facetime me, yelling at me saying, 'WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!' I'M SORRY MAN! I love you all -Kat :]