[20] Family Once Again

**Jacob's POV**

My room was just across from Isabella's room. I saw her dad walking in, and then closed the door behind him. I didn't want to interrupt them. This room is so huge, it's two stories. So I shared the room with Harmony. She wanted the top part so I let her have it.

As I'm putting Harmony's things into the drawers, my mom walks in. "Hello? Jacob?" she says. I sigh as I say, "Up here, may I help you?" She closes the door and walks up to the stairs and looks up at me, "Can you please come down, I want to talk to you." she says. I roll my eyes and I closed the drawer. I walk down the stairs as I look at her and crosses my arms, "What?"

"Okay listen, I know you hate me but you gotta listen to me." she says. "I'm listening." I said. She walks over to the door and then walks back, "Listen, the reason I never stood up for you or Harmony when your dad was hitting you was because I was afraid. I was afraid he was gonna hurt me -" I interrupted her, "So you just let him hit me AND HARMONY! What kind of mother does that?!" I yelled. "A mother who is selfish and didn't care about anyone but herself." she said.

I didn't say anything, I just kept looking at her. "Listen Jacob, I'm glad you left with Harmony. You escaped before it got worse. I should of have gone with you. But after you left with her, your dad started to come more and more aggresive. He started to use weapons now. Not just his fists, he used anything he can get his hands on. I had to go to the hosptial twice because he has broken several of my bones. After years of this, I had it and I escaped here to California. That's where I met Isabella's dad and we connected. We both escaped relationships with abusive people. And also lost kids cause of it. He understood me and I have never gotten that feeling in such a long time. I'm trying to make Isabella understand that, but I think she hates me or she thinks I'm a gold digger or something. But thatt's my side, and I really don't want you or Harmony to hate me. I love you both very much, I am doing this so you guys can have a father figure in your life. Please, just give me a chance."

I didn't know what to say, "Well, Harmony doesn't know you or that any of this happened. Since she was very little when I took her. If you want, you can go introduce yourself to her. Make her like you. Maybe she will, she's a very bubbly girl." I told her.

She smiled widely and walked up the stairs. "Harmony?" she said. I walked up after her, I saw Harmony's face looking confused, "Who are you?" she asked her. My mom got down on her knees and looked at Harmony, "It's me, your mom." Harmony looked scared, "Jakey said I don't have a mommy." she said. My mom looked back at me, "Why would you tell her that?" I shrugged, then my mom looked at her, "Well you do and I'm her. May I have a hug please?" Harmony looked at me and I montioned her to my mom. She looked at my mom and got up. She walked up to her and placed her hand on her cheek, "Jakey told my mommy would have soft skin. You have soft skin. Jakey told me my mommy would be nice, are you nice?" she asked. My mom nodded her head. "Jakey told me my mommy would love me forever and never leave me."

"I promise to never leave you my babygirl." she said. Then Harmony wrapped her arms around her and hugged her tightly, "I've missed you mommy." she said. My mom wrapped her arms around her back as I walked up the steps. I hugged them both as my mom started to cry, "My babies. I'm never leaving you guys. I love you both very much." She kissed my head and then Harmony and hugged us tightly.