[1] The Hosptial

**Isabella's POV**

It was so quiet in the hospital I was in. I was here today because my mom just recently had open heart surgery. Since my dad is not in the picture, I had to stay here with her. Seeing her in that bed makes me so worried, because she can be gone at any moment, and I would be all alone. I have no family members for me to stay with. My mom is a single parent, she had me when she was only 16. My dad used to abuse her, and she decided to escape from that hell hole, and move out here to New York. I'm telling, I have never seen a strong woman, like my mom

I sighed, and popped in my headphones, and turn out netflix. There's nothing to do here, so why not watch netflix. I decided to watch The Breakfast Club because it's honestly my favorite movie out there.

In the middle of the movie, I heard my mom speak up. "Isabella," I heard her say. I took off one of my headphones, and I looked at her, "Yes?" I said. "Why don't you go walk around the hospital so you won't be bored." I shook my head, "No I'm okay. I have my netflix." "Isabella." she said. I groned as I got up, "Fine." I said, "But only if I can take my phone." She nodded her head, as I popped in my headphones back in and then turned on my music.

I walked out from the room, and I looked down the hallway. There was no one in sight. Not even a nurse. I guess the coast is clear, and I walked down the hallway.

I looked in all the rooms. There was one where a woman is giving birth, ew. There was one where a guy was wrapped all in cast. Damn, what happened to him? I continued to walk when I came across this one room. It was quiet, and me being the nosey person I am, I decided to look through the window.

I saw there was this boy who was getting chemo treatment. I looked around the room from the window, no one was in there but him. I saw he had a hat on him, with a laptop on his lap. It looks like he was working.

Should I go in? I thought. No. He doesn't know me. But I can at least say hi. I opened the door slowly, and then I saw him looking up at me. "May I help you?" he asked me. "Sorry," I said, "I was just looking around and I saw you alone here. So I wanted to come in, and say hi." He looked at me confused, "Hi?"

I was getting nervous, "I'm sorry if this is weird. I'll leave." Just I was walking out, he spoke up, "No, stay. It's okay. I like company." I smiled lightly as I turned around and I walked over to him. "So what's your name?" I asked him as I grabbing the chair from the corner, and placing on the side of the bed.

He sat up, and took off his headphones, "I'm Jacob." He said with a smile on his face. "I'm Isabella, or Bella for short." I said to him while smiling. He held his hand in front of me, "Nice to meet you Bella." I smiled lightly at him as I shook his hand, "Nice to meet you too, Jacob."

"Please, sit." He said to me as he grabbing water from the table beside him. "Do you want water?" He asked me. I shook my head as I sat down, "No thank you." He nodded his head as he drank his water. I waited for him to finish, then I spoke up, "So, chemo treatment. What kind of cancer do you have?" I asked him.

He started to cough, as he pointed to the bucket in front of him. I quickly grabbed it, and I handed it to him as he threw up. I gently patted his back as he continue to threw up. Once he was done, I grabbed a napkin, and I wipped his face.

"Thank you." He said to me. "It's no biggie." I told him as I threw away the napkin, then I grabbed the bucket. I walked to the bathroom, and I dumped it in the toilet. "Oh you don't have to do that Bella." I heard him say, "I can have my nurse do that." I shook my head, "No it's okay. I can do it."

I washed my hands, and the bucket as well, then I walked back to him, as I place it next to me. "Sorry," He said, "I didn't mean to throw up." I shook my head, "No don't be sorry. It's okay. It happens. So, cancer?" He looked at me, "Oh yeah! I have brain cancer. It honestly sucks so much." He frowned a bit as he said.

I couldn't help but frown as well, "Aw. I'm so sorry." I told him. He shrugged, "My life's already depressing as it is. The cancer just added on to it." It sounded like he was gonna cry. I quickly got up, and I hug him tightly. He smiled really good. "You smell good." I said softly. I heard him chuckle, "Thanks." He hugged me back, and then I let go of him.

I sat back down, "So where are your parents?" I asked him. He looked at me, "I don't live with my parents." I looked at him confused, "You don't?" He shook his head, "Nope. I moved out a few years ago. They are un fit parents. I had to escape there, I even took my baby sister with me." I looked at him as I nodded my head. "Tell me the story."

He sighed as he looked at me again, "My dad, he hits my mom a lot. Even me, he was going to hit my baby sister, Harmony. But I didn't want that, so I hit him before he can hit her, and then I ran to my room with her. My mom, she doesn't care because she's so afraid of my dad. So one day, I told her 'We're gonna escape this place, and I'm going to raise you by myself.' So I ended up packing up clothes and food for us, and then I left the house without my parents knowing."

I looked at him with a shocked face, "Oh my goodness. That's just. Wow. That kinda sounds like my life to be honest.." He looked at him, "Tell me your story."

"My mother had me when she was only 16. My dad got her drunk, and then raped her. So I came into the picture. My dad would always get drunk, and when he's drunk, he would be always get abusive. He would always hit my mom. He wanted to hit me, but my mom would fight back. So when I was about two years old, my mom escaped my dad, and she took me over here to New York. I don't have any memory of him. And I'm glad I don't know. But I feel for my mom. She's so strong. Caring for a baby all by herself. Alone, with no money. It gets hard. But she did it. And now here I am!"

I heard Jacob laugh, so I laughed as well. I think me and him are gonna get a long just great.

**A.N**

HIII! Okay this story is coming from the chapter in my other story. It's called Teen Father. Go READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T. IT'S MY FIRST STORY AND IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THIS, YOU NEED TO READ IT. No i'm kidding. But read it please. I hope you guys like this story. Make sure to vote & comment -Kat :]