Cecil stepped in between them, hitting the man's hand away with a glare. 

The man withdrew in surprise.

"You were in the wrong," Cecil stated coldly. "Please act like your age and apologise. These children have not done anything wrong." 

Cecil had attacked his pride, and the man bristled at her words. 

"These orphans are thieves! They keep stealing food! Just because they are kids, everyone takes pity on them!"

"We...we only stole one big bread to share among ourselves!" One of the children raised her voice. "We didn't steal from the entire store like those men, including the money--"

The older child that seemed to the leader of these orphans covered her mouth, gesturing for her to keep quiet. 

"Yes, we do steal food," he admitted nonchalantly before he turned to the two ladies. "It's okay, big sisters, we do not need his apology."

"But…" Hana trailed off. 

The older child only comforted the younger child that spoke out, giving Hana a reassuring smile. 

Cecil finally noticed the bruises and scars on their small bodies, feeling a twinge in her heart. 

Moreover, just by looking at their clothes, Cecil could see the torn areas of the clothes being poorly sewn up again and again. 

Their clothes were just simply torn shirts and pants.

Even their shoes were nothing but straw sandals that were clearly worn out.

"So what if it's just food?" The man spat out. "Thieves are still thieves. These kids are nothing but trash."

Cecil continued glaring at the man. 

Even if what the children did were wrong, and disrupted someone's business, they were just trying to survive. 

Calling them trash is too much. 

If anyone were in their situation, being forced to steal food to survive was only normal. 

Cecil looked at the children, knowing that hearing any words from this man wouldn't do them any good. 

She also understood that these children were probably beaten up this badly for stealing food. 

"You...you are so horrible!" Hana flared up. "You can't just call those children like that. I don't care anymore, apologise!"

"Forget it, Hana," Cecil tried to Hana away. "Scums like him won't apologise."

Their conversation had created a commotion, drawing curious stares from the crowd. 

The guide was at a loss on what to do. He knew about these orphans, and he assumed like the other rich guests he had encountered, they would give dirty looks or disregard them. 

To his surprise, Cecil and Hana actually stepped in to help. 

Hence, he did not know what to do now other than stand aside and watch. 

"Should we step in?" Xue murmured out. 

K'xug shook his head. 

Something small like that…

Why would we need to? 

Xue agreed along with a nod. "Yeah, they are more than capable of handling something like that."

The man heard Cecil calling him a "scum", and he was infuriated. 

"You dare call me a scum?!"

The man reached for Cecil, wanting to grab her collar and give her a tight slap.