CHAPTER 38 : CONFUSION

"Where are you?"

Shivapriya recognized her brother's voice. She told him where they were staying.

"Whatsapp me the location." Shivdas said. "I will get there as soon as I can,"

"You whatsapp your location and we will come and pick you up." Shivapriya replied. "We have the car."

Fifteen minutes later he was inside the car with Balan and Shivapriya.

"How did you do that?" Shivdas asked enthusiastically. He couldn't hide his excitement.

"Do what?" Both of them asked in unison.

"Oh this car, I took it from a local garage. It was ready and was to be delivered. I just had to drive it away."

"I am not asking about the car but anyways how did you know about the car?"

"Thomas was blabbering before he fully passed. He also said something about fifteen hundred crores getting transferred in their Swiss account."

Shivdas looked at them puzzled. He exchanged his gaze with both of them. Balan was driving and he was sitting beside him in the passenger seat. Shivapriya sat comfortably in the rear seat half asleep.

"How did you kill the Chief Minister? How did you enter inside?"

"Shiva what are you talking about?" Balan slowed down the car and pulled to a side. His face was affixed on Shivdas.

"What, CM is dead?" Shivapriya jumped off her seat. She lost her sleep. "We were waiting for you plan how to take him down. We were thinking track his morning routine and inform you so that we could take him in secrecy at some point of time."

Three confused faces stared at each other inside that car.

Shivdas couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Are you saying you didn't kill Karunashankar?" He wanted to confirm it.

"We were sleeping. I woke up when your call came." Shivapriya was fully perplexed.

Shivdas hit the dashboard again and again. "Shit shit shit ... Then which bastard did it?" he exhaled heavily.

They all waited in silence. Shivapriya checked for live updates in her mobile. She found what she was looking for. In the news she saw the headlines. 'Chief Minister Karunashankar assassinated.'

"What do we do now?" Balan asked Shivdas.

He didn't reply. He stared at the long vacant road in front of him.

"We need to find the reason." Shivapriya said. "Why was our father killed? What he had to do with Ouseph and Thomas. How do they connect with Karunashankar?"

"Where do we get the answers from? Till now everything was going as planned. Our answers are leading to more questions only. I think we were wrong somewhere." Balan was frustrated.

"No, we are on the right track. Whoever killed the CM knew we would be coming for him. Unfortunately for us he reached first. There is still someone hiding in the shades." Shivdas was focused. His fingers went inside his hair and slowly pulled them. His eyes were closed now. He tried to calm his breaths.

"How do we find him?" Balan looked more confused.

"I don't know. Maybe he will find us first." Shivdas answered.

Balan and Shivapriya looked at each other with fear.

"What if... there is more than one person?" Shivapriya stuttered. She was shaking.

Shivdas couldn't bear to see his little sister in fear. He reached out his hands and took hers in his. "Hey, don't worry, we will find them. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."