CHAPTER 32 : TWO SPOTS

Messages were exchanged continuously. Police control room became busy with instructions and commands. Police vehicles and ambulances rushed towards the site. They could see the flames of the burning car from afar. Traffic came to a halt. Two fire engines poured gallons of water to extinguish the fire. Everyone wondered if there were any passengers inside the car. They were surprised to hear no screams and see no one inside the car. They must have escaped! But where have they gone?

Two policemen tried to clear off the vehicles so that they won't block the road. They gave directions to move the vehicles and be on their way.

Within minutes, situation was under control. A major disaster was avoided as they could extinguish the fire before the car could explode. A marginal save!

One of the policemen wrote down the number on the plate. It was Trivandrum registration. He passed the message to Trivandrum RTO (Regional Transport Office). The RTO passed the message to his assistant to track down the number.

After five minutes he got the message. That car was registered with Ouseph Valookkaran. It was bought five months back.

Who took Ouseph's car to Alappuzha and how did it got fire?

*-*

Shivadha and Raghuram were at Paravoor. Shivadha looked tired. It was really a long day for her. Her first day at office turned out to be a nightmare. Two dead bodies, both of prominent political leaders, most importantly ministers of the state were found within twelve hours.

They were inside the house. Torches and temporary lights were setup to get a clear view inside the aged building. Every nook and corner of the house was going through thorough inspection. They had to find something, anything useful to find the killer. Who is that unscrupulous bastard?

"What is the current status?" Shivadha asked the sub inspector standing beside her. Her voice was weak and Biju noticed that. He could understand the situation very well. Two years back when he was in Kannur, he had to face similar situation as a mass political riot took place and five men were killed.

"We have nothing madam. Whoever did this was absolutely cautious. Neither the forensics nor the fingerprint experts could find anything. Sniffer dogs ran towards the bus stop and stopped. I think the man escaped in a bus."

"Any CCTV around these areas?"

"No sir."

"Did we get anything from the bike? Any footprints or finger prints or any DNA samples?"

Thilothaman shook his head in denial.

Shivadha sighed with disappointment. She walked towards Raghuram who was inspecting the body. She crouched down closer to him. "What do you think?"

"Same pattern. One thing is sure, the killer is the same. Hands ties behind, mouth gagged, eyes gouged out, finger tips chopped off, smell of ammonia and the same message, revenge is divine."

"Who is this message intended to? The police or someone else?" Shivadha asked blatantly.

"We have a serial killer on the loose." Raghuram looked at Shivadha. "He could be a psychopath. If not why should someone took out the yes and cut off the fingers. Whoever he is must be dangerous."

She thought about Rudrachandran for a while. He didn't look dangerous nor did he seem like a psychopath. "Does this message have any relevance?" She asked him. He doesn't know. He never heard it.

Head Constable Thilothaman said. "There is something similar in Bhagvad Gita. I don't remember exact words. But it almost means that revenge is the purest emotion."