25 🌻

As if it was from out of a movie, a heavy rain started pouring upon us. It was like a wake up call, since Felix instantly shot up, off of me. A hint that whatever might have happened, probably shouldn't have. Felix stuck out his hand which I instantly took. "Come on, let's run home!" he shouted, already starting to run. I ran after him, a thousand thoughts circling through my mind. Was it all just my imagination? The way he looked at me, the heavy breathing, was I all over thinking it?

I shook the thoughts away, the rain bringing me back to reality. At this point I was already soaked wet. When we finally arrived back home, the rain had just stopped, making Felix and I both groan and laugh at the same time. "Oh come on, really now" Felix shouted at the sky, making me laugh even harder. "Come on, let's just get inside you weirdo" I chuckled, unlocking the door.

As soon as we closed the door behind us again, it was a sprint to the shower. I luckily got there first, instantly locking the door. "Oh come on, are you still so shy about it? I'm soaked wet!" Felix whined, trying to get me to open the door, but I instantly rejected the idea. "We're NOT doing that again! I'll save that for my future boyfriend some day!" I shouted back over the sound of the shower which just started running.

It stayed quiet for a little while, much to my surprise. "You mean for Chan?" Felix asked, instantly making me turn red at just the idea. "I don't know, let me shower in peace" I answered hastily, already growing more and more embarrassed. I could hear Felix's footsteps disappear, meaning he left. My mind wandered back to Chan, the image of showering together popping up in my mind. I instantly tried to get rid of it again, wishing that for once I wouldn't be thinking in images at everything that was said. It's not like Chan and I were actually dating anyways.

"Felix, you can shower now!" I called out, coming out of the bathroom while dabbing my hair dry with a towel. It stayed awfully quiet, too quiet. "Lix?" I called out again. I thought he would have sprinted right in as soon as he could, considering how much he dislikes rain. He never liked staying all wet and not being able to wash it off instantly, he just wanted to be clean and fresh. With rain, for him that was impossible.

I ended up knocking on his door after getting dressed and all dried up. "Lix, are you in here?" I asked, slowly opening in. To my surprise, he actually wasn't, only his phone. I ended up checking literally every single room in the house, but he was nowhere to be found. Did he go to the boys? I sighed. I know we made up and all, but I just had to be sure he was okay. It's not like him to just disappear.

"Y/N?" Minho asked confused as he opened the door. "What are you doing here?" I quickly peeked inside, trying to see if I could get a glimpse of who was in. "Is Lix here? We just got home, but when I was showering he left without a word, now I can't find him." Minho shook his head. "He's not here, but he and Chan went out together not too long ago, not sure for what though." I nodded, a weird feeling washing over me. "Thanks" I answered with a fake smile, going back to my own room.

My mind wandered back to what Felix said. "You mean for Chan?" I had holding onto my feelings for Felix for so long. At every little thing I started overthinking, hoping that maybe he felt the same, only to be disappointed every time again. It wasn't fair to Chan either. Felix was right. There was definitely something between me and Chan. If I wanted to continue this, I had to completely give up on Felix, no matter what.

I nodded, my mind already made up. Tomorrow, I'll be over Felix and focus on Chan.

After all, Felix was only my best friend.

----------

"I'm surprised you called me out here, is everything okay between you and Y/N?" Chan asked curiously as the two were walking through the park. Felix nodded, somewhat absent minded. "We argued, but made up in the end, so we're good again" he said monotonously, looking at the ground, following the small rock he was constantly skipping forward with his shoe. Chan watched him for a while, a soft smile on his face.

"You know you can be honest with me about Y/N right?" Chan chuckled, making Felix instantly look up in shock, making Chan laugh. "Come on, you really thought I wouldn't notice, especially after just now." Felix rubbed the nape of his neck, awkwardly looking down again. He took a deep breath, stopping his tracks to look at Chan again.

"I only just realized it myself too... Listen, I just wanted you to know that I won't try to get in your way. I know you like her too and that there's something between you two, and she said herself that you might be the chance of her growing happy again. I don't want to confuse her anymore than she already is, especially since she's only still getting over her old crush, so please make her happy for me okay? I'll try to patch up things with Seo-Yeon again, who knows where that will lead us, right?"

Chan stood there frozen, still trying to process everything. On the one hand, he was happy. His best friend, his brother, the guy he used to call his soulmate, gave his blessing over the girl he liked. Apparently she even said he might become her happiness, so he should be happy about it right?

So why did it feel wrong?