23 🌻

"Lix, I thought you were with Seo-Yeon today? Then please keep her with you, I don't want to spend one more second near her" Chan growled. Felix's gaze went from Chan, to Seo-Yeon, to me. My gaze went from Chan to Lix, his eyes pleading with more sadness than I had ever seen before in them. "Chan, I'm really sorry, can we postpone the date to tomorrow? I think Felix and I need to talk for a bit." Chan looked somewhat hurt, but still smiled, petting my head. "I understand, it's okay. I'll pick you up early, so make sure you sleep well okay?" I nodded with a smile, putting my thumb up. "Got it!"

Chan sent a wink before walking away, leaving me with Felix... and Seo-Yeon. "Lix, I thought we were spending time together" Seo-Yeon whined, already grabbing a hold of Felix free arm, but he shook it off. "I'm sorry Seo-Yeon, but this is really important. I'll see you backstage tomorrow before the concert." Seo-Yeon pouted, but soon stopped as she saw his cold gaze. "Fine, fine... I'll see you tomorrow" she said as she shot one last glare at me before walking away.

And then the awkward silence fell, something I thought I'd never experience with Felix. He slowly intertwined our fingers, starting to walk back home. "So, you two were on an actual date huh?" Felix asked, trying to lighten up the mood a bit, instead just making me feel even worse. I just completely blew off Chan, even when he already looked so miserable. I sighed. I'll text him tonight to see if he's okay. "I think? I'm not sure in all honesty" I answered.

"How about the guy you liked? Are you sure you're over him?" he asked carefully, making me chuckle, though it wasn't exactly happy. "Not at all. Every single time I think I'm over him he just does these tiny things to make my heart race... I'm really trying to forget about him, but he's not making it easy." I guess it's pretty easy to say when he doesn't know I'm talking about him. Felix tightened the grip he had on my hand, turning to me. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll only need me! So forget him, forget Chan, today it's just us, lots of cuddles and everything you want!"

I suppressed my laughter, or at least tried to. It sounded rather stupid, considering he was actually saying to forget about and focus on him at the same time. Felix smiled as well, poking my cheek. "Good, you're finally smiling" he said with the softest smile I had ever seen. My smile grew wider as I nodded. "Thanks Lix, really." He shook his head, kissing my hand like a prince. "Of course my princess." I poked his sides, making him scoot back a little. "Now stop teasing me and let's just go home" I laughed. He quickly caught up, intertwining our fingers once again. "Yes ma'am!"

"Are you sure it was okay to leave Seo-Yeon like that by the way? It seems like something bad happened between her and Chan, I'm kind of worried" I said, still with that weighing on my mind. Chan really looked mad, I wonder what happened between and Seo-Yeon. I should have probably stayed with him after all. Felix shook his head. "Nope, I'm really glad it's just us now. Whenever we're together everything just seems ten times better. Guess I'm just not ready to give my best friend away after all."

Again, best friend. Why does he always say things that sound romantic, yet somehow always let me know that we're just best friends? Felix didn't notice my sad look, only continuing to talk. "You know, in all honesty, I don't like Chan and you together, and I think I finally know why." My brows furrowed as I looked up at him. He doesn't? I finally thought maybe I had a chance of getting over Felix, and Felix doesn't like it? "Why?" I asked, feeling rather uneasy by it.

"I think it's because of what happened in the beginning. You know how he was constantly talking about me staying away from you, and not allowing me to date you and all, saying I would endanger the group? Now he's just trying to take you away, and now he's just taking you out on dates. Don't you think that's unfair? I can't date you but he can? It feels as if that was his plan all along somehow, to steal you away."

I shook my head. "I don't think Chan would do something like that, he seems to be a really good person. I'm sure he's just trying to comfort me from what happened with my one sided crush. Besides, we're not dating, so in I don't think stealing me away isn't right. I wasn't yours in that way to begin with." There, I said it. All the constant confusion he gave me with his words, talking about dating and then saying we're best friends. If this would go on I certainly wouldn't get over him, so there it was. That boundary that he set. If I have to keep to it, so should he.

Felix let go of my hand, stopping his tracks. "How come he seems to know everything about you? I thought we were close, yet he seems to know more about you in days then I know about you in years. Why does he know all about your crush, yet I seem to know nothing, nothing! It's frustrating Y/N. I want to be the one you share those things with, not some random guy you met days ago."

Why on earth was he acting like this? "First of all, Chan isn't some random guy, I thought you of all people should know that. You've known him for much longer than I have, so you should know he's a good person and treat him like that. I don't know what it is with you, but the Felix I knew didn't just accuse people." He wanted to argue, but I wouldn't let him. "Second of all, I simply wanted you to be happy, and instead of being jealous about you and Seo-Yeon, I chose to support whatever you two have and give you time and space to be with her, so shouldn't you be happy for me as well that I might finally get over my old crush and be happy with Chan? Like you constantly say, we're just best friends, it's not like we're dating that you have a say in who I can see or not!"

"Then date me."