"But that isn't fair." I argued.

Salvestro who was silent as his brothers answered my questions gave me a sympathetic glance. "Life isn't fair, Bambina. We just have to roll with it and adapt to it as it goes."

"This is our life, sis." Sandeo added, "There is nothing we can do to change it, and I wouldn't change it for anything else. Sure, we may receive death threats because of our high social ranking in the world, but we live a life where we don't have to worry about our financial problems. I also have a family that cares about me and puts me before others, and I wouldn't change that for anything."

For the first time, Sandeo sounded serious, and he was so passionate when talking about it. I've never seen him like this, and I had to admit that it was refreshing to see him act so mature about this subject.

I had no idea what to say to Sandeo's statement, so I went with the easiest way out. I changed the topic, and it was blatantly obvious.

"So, uh, did anyone get hurt?"

Even I winced at my efforts to change the topic, but Salvestro didn't miss a beat.

"No one died." he replied, and I nodded my head.

"That's good. What happened after I went to bed? How did Salvatore get home?"

"Salvatore hitched a ride with the Romano's back home. They were fine, and Salvatore wasn't injured at all." Salvestro answered, "Salvatore obviously did research on who put the attack on them, and he found out this morning which is why he left at five in the morning as he had to deal with the law and all the paperwork regarding what happened."

"Oh, alright. So what am I supposed to do now?"

I felt like my questions were never ending, and the moment I thought the questions were over, a new question would pop into my brain.

"You can do anything, really. But you also have to prepare for testimonials, I think." Salvestro mumbled to himself, before he nodded to himself and faced back to us.

"Yes. You four are going to have to testify as you guys are witnessed to what happened. Anyways, everyone knows of the shooting already, so the police are obviously going to be involved." he said simply, "They're probably going to be bringing all of you to interrogate you on what really happened when you were inside."

At his words, I grew pale. Talking to my family, no problem. Talking to a bunch of menacing police officers, a huge problem.

Noticing my dilemma, Salvestro chuckled and wrapped a comforting hand around me.

"Don't worry too much, Amara. All you have to do is say the truth. Saying the truth prevents lies, and stating the truth makes you more believable. Salvatore is also on good terms with the police, so if you all four of you have the same story, which is the truth, the police will have no reason to be suspicious of you."

"Don't worry too much, sis. This has happened before, and the police are nice." Sandeo butted in.

"Not all of them are." Santino just had to ruin the mood didn't he?

"Yes well the majority of them have good attitudes." Sandeo retorted.

"And a few of them have sticks stuck so far up their as-"

"Santino." Salvestro warned, and Santino sighed in defeat.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." he muttered, and turned to face me. "Just say the truth and everything will be fine. It's not like they are interrogating you because you are a suspect. They are only bringing you in as you are a witness."

"Anyways, it's not like you saw anything really." Salvino added, "You really have no reason to be worried because you didn't really see anything. You only know what happened because we told you what happened, and the police won't want to hear that. They will want to hear what you saw and heard during the time, not what you know already.