Chapter 2: The partnership ~Ruby~

I flew through the air, the sound of wind blasted past my ears and I soared. The speed was starting to slow so I decided to land. I descended in a pencil formation, using Crescent rose as a mode of Landing. I attached the end into a tree trunk and landed on solid ground gracefully.
"Thank god for that, no one around for miles!" I exclaimed as I started toward the main area. A gentle rustling could be heard behind me as the wind passed through it. That became louder, so much, I had to turn to see what was making such a loud noise. Out popped a girl dressed in white and gray. 

'Crap! What the hell do do!? Don't look into her ey-'my thoughts were completely stopped in their tracks when I noticed that she was looking at me. I made the mistake of looking back and sealed my fate.

"Guess we are partners now huh?" I said nervously, rubbing the back of my neck like a child. She sighed and nodded before walking past.  

A/The characters are sort of out of character, sorry

I followed behind the girl in white until we reached a clearing, at the end was a ruin of some sort. We didn't speak just jogged our way over to the area to see what was there. On little podiums we found chess pieces, all of them.

"I guess we pick one for both of us?" I asked as I looked over at her. She scoffed and nodded, looking back over to watch for the Grim. I grabbed the nearest one and walked back over.

"Let's go?" I asked as started toward the cliff back at beacon. The heiress followed close behind. In the midst of the silence a earth shattering roar erupted from the forest. I turned my head to see a Grim of some sort, not one in the books. This was huge, two heads, Three times the height of a normal Beowolf and seemed to sense we were near. It launched itself out of the trees and bushes and straight for us.

"Move!" The girl shouted. I jumped out of the way of its attack and landed on my back. The heiress drew her weapon and aimed it at the beast. The barrel of the weapon switched to a orange type of dust before firing at the beast. It let out a mighty roar before swinging at the girl. Weiss was knocked away and I stood up. I swing my Crescent rose into position and waited for a sign of weakness. My breathing slowed and I swung. The grim was split in two, and I lay next to it, exhausted.

"Wow...Great day..."

A/N This is a lot of fun to write! I hope everyone is enjoying it! I am gonna be improving as we go!

~HauntingHydrex