Chapter 16: I will always love you ~Ruby

I awoke with a yawn and blinding lights.  A adorable low yawn erupted from my right side from a certain girl. Weiss opened her eyes and peered up at me. A smile graced her features as she did. She was asleep in the chair next to my hospital bed, her hand in mine

"Morning, Red." Her voice laced with sleepiness. Her sleepy features made her look so adorable.

"Morning, Snowflake. You okay?" I smiled. She nodded and sat up.

"I did...because you're here.." I chuckled and hugged her. My arms snaked around her thin waist and held her tight.

"I love you..." She whispered lightly into my shoulder. I chuckled a little, as much as I could before my ribs started to ache.

"I love you too..."  The bumblebee couple slowly opened the door to us cuddling.

"Aww! Look how adora-" She was cut off by a curt slap around the head from Blake.

"Shut up, you're ruining the mood for them!" Me and Weiss both chuckled. We all laughed as we watched them argue. They always did seem like a perfect set. Weiss, who still had her eyes trained on the couple, was carefully rubbing her thumb on my hand. She seemed so content, so calm after all that had happened. I was still shaken from the ordeal. The menacing green eyes that would follow my every movement. My anxiety started to slowly calm as I saw Weiss looking over at me. Her smile would calm me no matter what happened. After a handful of hours, everyone was showing signs of tiredness.

"I think its about time we left guys.." Yang yawned. The others nodded while a feeling of complete dread started to fill my heart.

"Yeah..." Blake agreed as they started toward the door. Weiss stood from where she was sitting and started to follow. She turned her head to me and placed a Scroll next to me.

"I've put my number in it, call me if you need help. Not matter when..." She finished kissing my cheek. As she exited she turned off the main light and switched on a lamp. She smiled and shut the door quietly. I tried to stay calm as I lay on my bed. The sheets were so thin and I was so cold.

Only a hour and a half later I swear I saw Penny's face in the window. I panicked and stood up sprinting to the light and switched it on. I shut the blinds and sat in the corner, shaking. Suddenly, a idea popped in my mind. I stood up slowly and grabbed the scroll from the bedside table.

I quickly opened up the phone and searched up Weiss. Her name came up straight away. I typed a single message, unknowing if she would reply. It was 11:30PM. I sighed, not exactly hopeful that she would actually.

'Hey Weiss. You told me to message whenever and...I'm scared. If you can, come back the hospital with a blanket...please..' I sent the message and put down the phone. Not a minute later she replied.

'Be there soon, I will bring a blanket. :)' Her message read. I smiled at the message and climbed back on my bed. I pulled up my sheet a little, in a attempt to warm myself a little. Only a couple minutes later, A familiar face was at my door, completely flushed red from running. A black and red blanket in hand. She opened it to have something else in hand..a thermal mug.

"Hey, Red. I'm here!" She said as she shut the door behind her. She strode her way to me and placed the mug on the table. Carefully, she lay the blanket on me.

"What's in the thermal mug?" I asked, quietly.

"Hot chocolate. Cookie flavoured.." She smiled, as she popped the cap.

"One minute.." She said as she jogged out the room. She came back a couple minutes later, a small white mug in her hands. She poured the hot chocolate in the mug and passed it me. I smiled and blew it, taking a sip shortly after. She scooted me along a little and climbed in. I finished half the cup of hot chocolate and placed it on the table. I snuggled into the covers, Weiss doing the same in a more protective way.

"No matter what happens...I will always be here to protect you.."
A/N Hey! How's that for a fluff scene? Apart from Penny's part! Bad fluff, I know. Anyway! I hope you enjoyed and I will try to get the next one out a little earlier than this one.
~HauntingHydrex