Chapter 9: If I die, Would Anyone Care? ~Ruby

The feeling of cold grass and heat of the sun sat on my skin. It was starting to sooth over all my cuts, bruises and broken bones. The complete silence was starting to get to me.

'Would anyone really have cared if you had died...really!?' My thoughts screamed at me. My aching body was put to the test when I attempted to stand up. My right leg gave out a horrible crack as I stood. I could see a familiar building in sight, Beacon, my only chance at survival.

"Thank remnant for that..." Each crack came as I walked toward the school.  All I could here was the sound of scratching on my shoes and the rustling of trees in the summer wind. After 10 minutes, I finally reached the school doors. Shoving them open with my non broken arm, I walked to the dorm room..the cracks echoing off the white walls. My life depended on getting to that room. 

'I...I refuse to die here...'

My bruised eye was making the walk toward the room more difficult than before. 

"I'm...I'm..coming Weiss..." I chanted to myself, my shaking voice making it only just above a whisper. With the dorm door in sight, my semblance pushing my body a ways ahead. My body was starting to shut down, the blood not reaching any of my joints. I knocked at the door as hard as I could, which to them would be a light tapping.

"Who is it?"

"Its me..."

"Who?" They obviously didn't recognise my voice. I pushed the door open and made my way in. A trail of blood following my every step.

"RUBY!?" Yang shouted. The Girl in black had the same expression and came over to hug me.

"No hugs...I'm bleeding badly..and broken..." I coughed a little and smiled.  My turned my head to see that Weiss was no where to be found

"Where's.....where's Weiss?"

"She went to the city...to clear her head and get a coffee"

"I have a idea..Call Weiss and stop her from getting...to the coffee shop."

On my way to the shop, I stopped at a near hospital. They gave a semblance shot, A Injection that increases your semblance healing speed. Around 45 minutes after I left the hospital my eye started to un-swell. 

"Thank the heavens."

As I started to reach the coffee shop, I started to see a familiar white haired girl walked back out, a annoyed look wrote on her face. With a dash, I made way to the counter.

"Excuse me, Do you mind if I help for a couple hours or so?"

"Umm..Sure?" The older male said with a slight confused look.He handed oveer a notebook, pen and small apron. I quickly put them on and made my way around the different tables,taking orders. A familiar girl in white strolled her way into the shop and took a seat nearer the window. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail with....my cape!? 

"Waitress!" Her tone split through the air like a knife. With my head toward the floor, I skipped toward her.

"Hello Miss, What would you like to order?"

"A latte." Came her reply, short and curt. No emotion was shown.

"Yes Miss. Umm..Wouldn't you like to know my name?"

"No." I chuckled a little and started to walk away, saying;

"Just so you know...Its Ruby, Ruby Rose." I started to count from five. '5, 4,3, 2, 1..' The sound of the chair screeching against the wooden floor broke the silence. 

"RUBY!?" She shouted across the room. Other people in the room quickly turned their head toward her. 

"Yes Weiss?" I replied as if it was nothing. Her faced was filled with annoyance and happiness. Without a care in the word she launched herself at me and hugged me. Since I was still in pain and not a lot of bones had repaired themselves, one of the bones in my arm cracked. The sound louder than normal.

"Ruby....Ruby....I...I.." She said between sniffles and small sobs.

"Sh...sh....no talking." I said aiming to calm her. The people around had a smile on each of their faces. A small clap could be heard then more and more until the room became filled with them. We broke our embrace to look at each other. A smile broke out on our faces as our lips locked together. Her lips felt soft, captivating me in the kiss.

"I love you..."

"I love you too...Idiot.."

~Meanwhile

"That girl Weiss...Thinks she can just have Ruby like that!? Oh no...no she can't...Ruby's mine...all mine...." The girl said with a small cackle that turned into a loud fit of horrid laughter.

"I can't wait Ruby...I can't wait..."

A/N HEYO! Sorry this took a little longer to get out, mister writers block decided to stand in the way. Anyway here you go and, if you have a idea who this girl is at the end, feel free to comment who you think. Hint: She's in the show.

~HauntingHydrex