11. Dinner at Hooda House

Start from the beginning

They were busy looking around when someone cleared his throat behind them. They both jumped at their places.

“Easy there…. It's me…. Aditya Hooda.” He said, looking at their shocked faces.

“Oh! Ofcourse you are. Still scaring people….” Zoya muttered.

“Scaring… what…?” He asked confused.

“Ohhhoo…. Let them come in first Adi!” Mrs. Hooda shouted at him from behind.

He rolled his eyes as his mom pushed him aside to welcome the guests.

“Oh dear! I am so happy you both came.” She hugged both the girls at once, merrily.

“Come… come in…” She walked in, talking to Noor. Zoya followed them with Aditya.

“I didn't recognise you that day Zoya. I recognised you later. That little Zoya from school.… I never thought we would be meeting Aditya's best friend.” Mrs. Hooda continued talking, walking in.

“Even I didn't knew… . Best friend, a shock.” He muttered but Zoya heard.

“What did you say?” She asked, with her eyes narrowed at him.

“Amm… nothing…..”

“Better…” She gave him a tight lipped smile.

They all settled themselves in the hall on the sofa. Mrs. Hooda chided Aditya as he stretched himself on the sofa.

“Behave Adi!”

“Ya… ya…”

Mr. Hooda too came and talks started. The girls were served snacks and juice. It was mostly, Mrs. Hooda talking about anything and everything. The latest news, bollywood, Mumbai, weather and what not. Aditya was yawning.

“You know, you should pay more attention to the guests.” Zoya whispered to Aditya.

“Do you think I can speak when mumma is already speaking like a non-stop radio? Sorry, but I don't have that much courage.” He said, coolly and took out his mobile.

“Wow…. Guests are here..” Arjun announced his arrival as he came down.

Zoya waved at him and Noor winked.

“Yep! Now you are here too, I think we should have our dinner.”

Everyone stood up walked to the dinning area. Mrs. Hooda was talking to Noor now. Zoya stood behind Aditya and looked from his shoulder so as to know what the hell he is doing in mobile. E-mail! Great! She snatched the mobile from him and hid it behind her back. He turned around shocked.

“Give it back…. its important…. ” He asked for it, forwarding his hand.

“How much important?” She asked, raising her eyebrows, not budging at all.

“Ahm…...  very!” 

“Really?”

“Zoya…” He whined.

“In my opinion, don't return it Zoya.” Grinned Arjun.

“I agree…. Give it to me instead.” Said Mrs. Hooda.

“Great idea…!” Zoya smiled mischievously.

“Ahh… you know what… break it!” He said and sat down grumpily, making everyone laugh at his expense.

“What happened to the Aditya? He used to prank others and never made a fool out of himself.”

He looked at her smiling face. From morning she is teasing him.