37. Where he finally admits it!

Aditya's POV

“Ha?” I came back to earth when Arjun nudged my elbow who was sitting beside me. We were sitting in the conference room where a meeting was going on. 

“Sir.. do you want me to repeat?” The girl asked who was giving the presentation.

“No. No need. Continue.” I instructed her and she went on doing her work.

What is wrong with me..? It's the effect of trying to ignore Zoya. No. I am not ignoring her. She is being busy. I am being busy. Hence, we aren't able to talk to each other frequently. As much as I don't want to, I will have to admit that I was missing her.

Last week, she was out of city due to some of her work. I don't know that though. She called me from there. She told me that the hospital she was in was quite good and had good equipments and the hotel room was good and blah, blah. I slept while she was talking.

The meeting got over and I left the room immediately, taking a sigh of relief. I entered my cabin and Arjun too followed me in. I took my seat, opening my PC and he sat in front of me in one of the swivel chairs.

“What is it?” I asked as he slipped an envelope near me on the table.

“See for yourself…” He reply with a lopsided smile.

I read what was there in the envelope and a smile came up on my face. 

“It is becoming a habit…” I spoke playfully and chuckled.

Well, it is a big thing! No matter how many times I receive it. Businessman of the year. It's second time in a row. I can't digest this fact. Not yet atleast.

“Time for celebrations!” He said joyfully.

“Hmm… And to announce the promotions and increments…”

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“Bro! I am leaving!” I informed Arjun, peeking inside his cabin.

“This early?” He asked glancing at his wrist watch.

Should I tell him? No. He will again go back to that topic.

“Are you going to meet Zoya?” He asked and I swore in my mind.

“Right guess…” I muttered.

“Go… Go…” He spoke and went back to typing on his PC with a smirk on his face. 

I had an urge to throw my shoe on his face but then I stopped myself. I have some respect here. What can I do if he is an idiot?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I parked my car in the hospital parking and climbed out of it. I haven't informed Zoya that I was coming. I started to walk towards the hospital gate when I saw Zoya in the parking lot. She looked frustrated. Then she kicked the tire of her car and groaned. I smiled to myself and walked towards her. 

“Hey…” I softly whispered in her ear from behind.

“Aaa..!” She jumped in fright and turned towards me. 

“Aditya!!” I bit back my laugh.

“So… What happened that made you behave like a hungry tigress?” She rolled her eyes and pointed towards her car.

“This happened!!” She pointed towards her car.

“Whenever! Whenever, I am excited to go somewhere, it deceives me!” She was really annoyed.

“Excited? Are you going somewhere?” 

“Aditya… Can't a lady go home early and snuggle up in her blanket to rest?” She spoke tiredly