14. All you need is Reading

“Aditya…

“Aditya….! Aditya!” Zoya ran behind her friend with few books in her hands, who was walking in the school corridor, returning to his classroom.

She was wearing a white shirt with red tie and blue skirt. Her hairs were open. They both are in ninth standard. He was wearing a white shirt which was untucked with a loosened red tie.

He rolled his eyes hearing her and stopped before turning around.

“What happened now?” He asked. She smiled sheepishly and forwarded those books to him.

“No! Don't!” He exclaimed and she looked at him with puppy eyes.

“Yaar! Zoya, I won't be able to read them.”

“Arre… but they are very very very interesting! I am damn sure you will like them.”

“Zoya…. I definitely believe that they are very interesting, but I really don't get time for this. Aren't textbooks enough?”

She narrowed her eyes at him, disappointed. He gave her an innocent look and shrugged.

“Adi yaar! Sir is calling you in the skating ground.” One his friend yelled from round the corner.

Without another word, she turned and left for her own class. He kept looking at her back, feeling a bit of guilt, which went away as fast as it came. He turned around and left for the ground.
___________________

Zoya leaned back on her chair thinking.

‘This won't be the first time I will be asking him to start reading. But maybe, one more time I should ask him.’ She thought.

She was sitting in the cafe where they met last time waiting for him.

‘He is late this time...’ She thought, sipping her coffee.

After a few more minutes, Aditya enters the café and spots Zoya sitting on their usual seat and sipping coffee while looking outside. He rejoices not seeing the books anywhere on the table and approaches Zoya with a wide grin.

‘Thank god! Bach gya!’ He jumped happily in his mind.

“Hey…!” Hey whispered smiling wide as he sat in front of her. Listening to his greeting, she turned towards him smiling brightly.

“Hi….! I thought you'd had ditch me and I'll be left waiting here for someone who will never show up.” She teased him, stiring her coffee.

“You thought I wasn't going to come?” He asked raising his eyebrows. She nodded biting back her smile.

“No! I would not dare to ditch you. Not even in my dreams. What if you came with a sharpener blade to kill me?” She widened her eyes at his comment.