23. "You live with cats & dogs!"

Aditya was sitting on his desk, typing furiously on his laptop

Aditya was sitting on his desk, typing furiously on his laptop. He wanted to complete his work and go home soon. Today, he has planned to spend some time with his parents. He was so engrossed in his work that he didn't notice Arjun entering his cabin.

Arjun looked at Aditya's working self frustrated. What in earth should he do with Aditya? God!

“Adi!” Arjun called him and he just hummed continuing his work.

“Ooo…. Humming bird! I am saying something here…” He finally looked up.

“Now what happened?” He asked Arjun, irritated.

“Why aren't you picking Zoya's calls?” Arjun asked as he settled himself on the swivel chair in front of Aditya.

A look of realisation came on Aditya's face and he instantly buried himself back in his laptop.

“Wo… My phone is on silent. I didn't notice…” He spoke, while slowly typing. 

“Your invitation card!” Arjun spoke, and threw the envelope lightly towards him. It landed on the laptop's keyboard. 

He glared at Arjun and picked up the envelope.

“Aarohi sent the invitation card for you and for me,” Arjun spoke, showing him his card.

“Zoya is calling you so that you can meet her and she could give you the card.” Aditya opened the envelope while hearing Arjun.

“As you didn't pick her calls and replied to her messages, she had no choice but to give your invitation card to me.” 

“What do you want to say?” Aditya asked rudely.

“Why are you ignoring her?” Arjun also asked straightforward.

Aditya closed his eyes in exaggeration and sighed.

“I am not.” 

“Hmm… That I can see…” 

“What do you want now? Can I finish my work?” 

“Zoya, me and Noor were planning how to leave for Delhi. So, we decided that Zoya will leave a week before the ceremony as Aarohi asked her to come early.” 

“So, what should I do in this?” Aditya asked rudely.

“Aren't you being too much on the edge?” Arjun finally asked, fed up of his rude behaviour. 

Aditya didn't say anything.

“Zoya wants you to accompany her. Me and Noor will reach there a day before.” 

“Why she wants me to go with her? What will I do going a week before there?” Aditya asked, not at all happy about going Delhi.

“So what? A week before or a day before. What does it change?” Arjun asked.