43. "Please talk to me..."

Aditya's POV

Ping! Ping! Ping!

My mobile was vibrating continuously with message notifications while I was busy playing PS4 with Arjun.

“Why don't you pick up her call?” Arjun asked me, still concentrating on the screen.

“I don't want to…” I answered, concentrating on the screen.

“Don't be so stubborn Adi… You cannot tell her what wrong she was doing untill you talk to her. And here you are avoiding her.” 

“You lost!” I exclaimed as the game ended. 

“My concentration was not on the game! I was talking to you!” He whined.

“Who asked you to talk!”

“Fine!! Let's have another match!” He challenged me. 

Okay… Fine by me…

“Done… But before go downstairs and bring juice and snacks…” I nodded towards the empty jug and tray. He made a face.

“You lost the match… according to the bet… You are going downstairs not me…”

He glared at me but stood up and left with the tray and jug.

I unlocked my mobile and pulled down the notification bar. 

‘Aditya… Please! Talk to me!’

‘Atleast tell me why are you angry!’

‘We need to talk!’

‘Stop running away!’

I ain't running away from anyone. I am angry on you. And you won't be able to provoke me to talk to you, Zoya.

I sighed and kept my phone back as Arjun returned.

We bickered again and went back to playing. 

“Aditya!!” He roared as he lost fourth match in a row. I pursed my lips to keep myself from laughing.
_________________________________

I finished my meeting and was wrapping up to come out of the conference room of my office. It has been a week from that day. I didn't talk to Zoya. From two to three days, she has also stopped trying. She neither called me nor messaged. I know I am bad in saying this but I was enjoying the attention. Now, I have no idea where she is, what she is doing and what she will do.

I came out and something in me made me glance back at the reception. I looked over my shoulder to find Zoya sitting in the waiting area. What the heck she is doing here?

I walked up to there and receptionist greeted me with a polite smile. I didn't reply her and looked at Zoya who was busy in her mobile. What is it that she has forgotten her surroundings? I peeked in her mobile and she was scrolling through her Insta feed with her earphones plugged in.

I removed earphones from her ears myself and she looked up frowning. Finding me standing there, her frown turned into a wide smile. 

“Aditya…” She stood up happily.

Why won't she be happy? After all, she has finally caught me.

“Why are you sitting here?” I asked her.

“You had back to back meetings and I didn't have any appointment. So, she asked me to wait.” Zoya explained. 

I glanced at receptionist. She had no idea what was going on. So, she kept giving us a small smile.