Chapter 65

After Mariko had left the Leagues hideout, the male had to stay behind a little while longer. Unsurprisingly, they asked him to keep a close eye on the government agent. He didn't mind, actually, this was the first assignment he'd been given that he actually liked

         "What was that?" Keigo asked as he walked into the apartment. After Mariko left the evil look in her eyes had continued to haunt him. It left him confused and unsettled. Even when she'd been angry with him she'd never even come close to looking at him the way she did in the hideout. He reminded himself it was all an act, but his hands were still clammy hours later.

            Looking at her now though, he wondered whether it was a strange dream. She stood in the kitchen, cooking their favorite food while humming along to whatever song was playing from her speakers at the moment. Hearing him come in, she tilted her head towards the front door and smiled at him. He knew this smile; it was the warm and loving one that made his heart jump and his ears turn red.

           "What was what?" she asked as he rounded the kitchen bar to get to her.

           Keigo groaned internally when he noticed her attire. His previous thoughts were temporarily pushed to the back of his mind. She wore nothing but one of his t-shirts that barely reached the tops of her thighs. Not only that but it was one of the few days she'd decided to wear her hair completely down. "She's gonna be the death of me," he thought.

            Mariko turned around, ready to repeat her question when he swooped down and captured her lips in a kiss. She hummed quietly in surprise but quickly melted into it.

           "Hi," she whispered.

            "I'm back," he said, planting another kiss on her lips.

           She smiled at him as he pulled away making his heart beat wildly. "I like this greeting more than the usual one," she told him.

          He beamed down at her, "You're a cheeky thing aren't you?"

           She laughed lightly and turned her attention back to the chicken that would be marinating in whatever sauce she'd made for the next fifteen minutes.

          "This is boring. Can't we do something else?" he complained.

          Mariko raised an eyebrow, "Did you have something in mind?"

         The blonde draped himself over her. "I wanna cuddle on the couch and talk while we watch a movie."

         She hummed in agreement. "I like that idea. Why don't you get changed and pick something out? Food'll be done by then."

         Keigo nodded and placed a lazy kiss on her cheek before sliding off of her and disappearing into the bedroom.

         When the male walked back into the living room, Mari was sitting on the couch, a steaming plate of food on a pillow in her lap and his plate waiting for him on the coffee table. He didn't bother hiding the shit-eating grin on his face as she looked him over. He'd forgone the shirt today, opting for just a pair of grey sweatpants and giving her a wonderful view of his toned abs and chest. "Like something you see?" he asked cockily.

        She smirked completely unashamed at being caught staring. "Mhm... you look good like this."

        The male's smile brightened, and she watched amusedly as the feathers on his wings ruffled a bit at the compliment. He plopped down next to her, taking his plate and the remote into his hands. "Any requests?" he asked turning on the T.V.